More Pickup Volume Lost to the USPS

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone else noticing a lot of our pick up volume is being diverted to the USPS? Parcel Select (I believe) and not Surepost. Some of my customers have told me it is because we are so behind. Others because we are losing a lot of packages. No one seems to know for sure why. Maybe it’s because our govt has undercut us even more now. It would be a damn shame if we are actually needing the post office to bail us out. If that is the case then it’s probably wise to cash in UPS stock if you have it. Because the post office bailing us out is a sure sign that this company is headed towards the end much faster than some of us already thought. LOL

I did hear from a dispatcher that UPS had to block more volume from Amazon because they were trying to give us much more than their current contract permitted. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that.

Last edited:

SafetyFirst

One of my pickups started sending like 80% of their stuff through the post office. The volume in my building however would suggest UPS isn't hurting for packages right now.

Overpaid Union Thug

One of my pickups started sending like 80% of their stuff through the post office. The volume in my building however would suggest UPS isn't hurting for packages right now.
I hate loosing just about any work to the USPS. No individual or company should ever lose private sector work, or the opportunity to work, to the government. It is extremely difficult to compete with an entity that doesn’t have to worry about profits or stock holders.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I hate loosing just about any work to the USPS. No individual or company should ever lose private sector work, or the opportunity to work, to the government. It is extremely difficult to compete with an entity that doesn’t have to worry about profits or stock holders.
And has a built in cost advantage of going to every house already through a government mandated monopoly.

Overpaid Union Thug

And has a built in cost advantage of going to every house already through a government mandated monopoly.
Their commercial pick ups are a different animal. They have to send separate trucks around to make them and packages will sit for days before they finally get around to picking them up. One day shippers will realize that the saying you get what you pay for actually means something.

Brownslave688

When will ups staff properly? Simply calling a 10 hr day an 8.2 planned day doesnt solve anything. Not with me, anyway.
Yeah I love this. Sup asked what happened. I said I had a hell of a day. 100 stops and 200+ miles is a 12 hour day. It’s always been a 12 hour day and it will always be a 12 hour day. I got it done in 11 which means I had a great day.

But it’s a 9.8 plan hur dur.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah I love this. Sup asked what happened. I said I had a hell of a day. 100 stops and 200+ miles is a 12 hour day. It’s always been a 12 hour day and it will always be a 12 hour day. I got it done in 11 which means I had a great day.

My route supposedly doesn’t plan (100% commercial) but I normally pickup allot and they account for that. But losing so much pickup volume to the USPS will surely jacks things up. I see residential stops in my future.

Brownslave688

Just. Cracks me up. Especially these rural routes. What in the world have they implemented that’s saving some huge significant time?

yet routes that used to go out with 60-65 stops are being pushed to 90+ and then they’re crying but why can’t you make 9.5.

Scuderia

Hire more drivers. Turn off orion. Cut management waste.

Seriously! Instead of spending billions on Orion, figure out a way to make finding packages faster during heavy times.

When this company goes down they will blame the union, but it’s going down because of blunders like Orion. And the inability of this company to admit their mistakes and continue to use Orion; it just compounds the problem.

Future

Victory Ride

Holy crap w the 200 miles

Post office doesn’t take what I deliver. I delivered an 80lb box to the post office once. Put it in the bottom of a bin, the next day they were freaking out.