More serious bad news from Boeing Field w/ 22.3 Jobs

I'mTheMan

Hi Everyone. Just found out tonight that the Local Union and the Company of UPS has a big meeting today. None of it's working out as all grievances and all labor charges are going direct to the panel in Sept. 15th week. So as of this friday, the final and last remaining 15 22.3 jobs are going back to part time starting Monday as it will enter to the hubs. Plus it will close down the night sort as well. UPS has won number of things today and Union did took the loss a lot of things and still not being fair for 30 of us. As for me, I am now no longer to full time and will be remain part time for life from what I hear. So Boeing Field Twilight and Sunrise will be dealt with part timers only. However, they are planning to considering to re-open the night sort in November to handle for peak season then close again once peak is done. So it is a very disappointing news but we have been trying to tell them that we have volume and UPS has been taking our volume away for some time for managers to make the number's looks good for eliminating 22.3 jobs. I really loved my job over at Boeing Field but has been stuck over 4 weeks at the hub for time being now. Not sure what I am going to do next. Right now this is how our benefits is messed up as well as our 401K and everything. Any ideas or are we doomed for good? Your feedback is appreciated it on this. Thanks.

drewed

Shankman
As Ive pointed out in your other threads, I really do feel youve been dealt a bad hand in all this.

But the ops in boeing field, are basically one or 2 a300s a day? it takes 8-10 people to download a plane quickly (2.5 hrs from touchdown to wheels up) so thats justification for maybe 10 PART TIME jobs. And the sorts dont run enough volume to justify 30 fulltime jobs.

Your 401k shouldnt be affected since its an independent company and the change in insurance shouldnt really be noticeable

As Ive pointed out in your other threads, I really do feel youve been dealt a bad hand in all this.

But the ops in boeing field, are basically one or 2 a300s a day? it takes 8-10 people to download a plane quickly (2.5 hrs from touchdown to wheels up) so thats justification for maybe 10 PART TIME jobs. And the sorts dont run enough volume to justify 30 fulltime jobs.

Your 401k shouldnt be affected since its an independent company and the change in insurance shouldnt really be noticeable

I think he's talking about his weekly contributions. He still has the same percentage going in but the amount is much less.

I'mTheMan

Yeah I have my weekly 401K taken out every week. It depends on how much is earned when you working hours,etc. When I was full time, I had a really good benefits and even it just updated to a better one where I can easily afford for my medications and doctor's visits,etc. In a month or two, will be switch to part time benefits. I don't know if this is better or is it worse? Or could it show a bit of a difference between the two?

Yeah I have my weekly 401K taken out every week. It depends on how much is earned when you working hours,etc. When I was full time, I had a really good benefits and even it just updated to a better one where I can easily afford for my medications and doctor's visits,etc. In a month or two, will be switch to part time benefits. I don't know if this is better or is it worse? Or could it show a bit of a difference between the two?

I'mTheMan

Can't sign up for driver bid list because I am a hard of hearing person so UPS doesn't allow deaf or hard of hearing to drive package cars or smaller package shutte cars either. So Been trying to find other ways of keeping our full time jobs alive but UPS has been making it very clearly that there will be no more future full time jobs as all employees are in a process right now getting everyone back to part time for good. It will still continue to violation of the contract and go straight to panel.

drewed

Shankman
Can't sign up for driver bid list because I am a hard of hearing person so UPS doesn't allow deaf or hard of hearing to drive package cars or smaller package shutte cars either. So Been trying to find other ways of keeping our full time jobs alive but UPS has been making it very clearly that there will be no more future full time jobs as all employees are in a process right now getting everyone back to part time for good. It will still continue to violation of the contract and go straight to panel.

Its not a violation of the contract, all UPS had to so was explain in exactly how I did. Like Ive said before the union would be grasping at straws on this one, and I believe youll at best be getting back pay

Fredless

APWA Hater

I am sorry for your loss, but in times like these this was inevitable. I really feel bad for you because of your inability to drive a package car. I would find a day job to supplement your income. I can't believe management isn't touching ONE package out there. Chalk this up as a lesson learned next time you see them doing our work. Good luck to you and your family.

I'mTheMan

I appreciate your feedback and support. I thank you guys. Well at least I'm double shifting for awhile and it is making it the income. If I hears any news on by Sept. 15th of Panel hearing week, I should know more and yes, I'm going to have a back pay for this. From here on, I think we all will be alright but will take a bit of a time adjusting and understanding the hub's system than what it's airport's system. There's training but we will be alright from here on for now. Hopefully in future, once we can get more volume and economy gets better, we hopefully can get our full time job resume for 22.3 if allows. We're talking 2 years from now may be the better by then.

tieguy

Banned

Are you deaf or hard of hearing ? We have had hard of hearing in package with the help of a good hearing aid.

If you can pass the DOT physical UPS can't deny you of your opportunity.

I'mTheMan

Are you deaf or hard of hearing ? We have had hard of hearing in package with the help of a good hearing aid.

I am hard of hearing, and yes we have quite more than a few deafs as well at the hub. They worked great. We have one supervisor that knows sign language and it really helped a lot with this and worked together. We also have a interpter on a daily basics as well for PCM or if managements needs to speak to them, either way. The Seattle Hub have deafs in service for almost 15-20 years now and handling packages and smalls sort as well. Like I said, it's great.

I'mTheMan

If you can pass the DOT physical UPS can't deny you of your opportunity.

Well it's not that, the problem is the DOT rules this out of from Washington D.C. and between DOT and UPS has been making decision for many years so anyway, a lot of deaf's have been filed lawsuit to the company of UPS about 13 years ago and there is talks has been going on. Even though when UPS says no to deaf's driving, then we sue them for the damages and owe us money for this. Our lawyers and UPS are still in talks at this for how much we should be getting $$$ for this driving issue. I have last heard that FedEx do allow deafs driving only under 10,000 lbs limit. I do not know about DHL's rules but since FedEx is not union but still making it's compliance rules under DOT's rules as well.

Well it's not that, the problem is the DOT rules this out of from Washington D.C. and between DOT and UPS has been making decision for many years so anyway, a lot of deaf's have been filed lawsuit to the company of UPS about 13 years ago and there is talks has been going on. Even though when UPS says no to deaf's driving, then we sue them for the damages and owe us money for this. Our lawyers and UPS are still in talks at this for how much we should be getting $$$ for this driving issue. I have last heard that FedEx do allow deafs driving only under 10,000 lbs limit. I do not know about DHL's rules but since FedEx is not union but still making it's compliance rules under DOT's rules as well.

So are you saying if they find I'm hard or hearing at my next DOT physical I can no longer drive?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So are you saying if they find I'm hard or hearing at my next DOT physical I can no longer drive?

I don't know if you were being serious or were joking but, if you were joking, please know that some of your fellow members (me) may have family members (my son) who have hearing issues (since birth, diagnosed at age 2) and who may be sensitive to jokes of this nature. Thank you.

I don't know if you were being serious or were joking but, if you were joking, please know that some of your fellow members (me) may have family members (my son) who have hearing issues (since birth, diagnosed at age 2) and who may be sensitive to jokes of this nature. Thank you.

I was serious...Just asking that if I go to my next physical and I'm hard of hearing, will I need to find other work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was serious...Just asking that if I go to my next physical and I'm hard of hearing, will I need to find other work?

I apologize for my assumption. I would think that it would depend upon the degree of hearing loss. I believe the criteria can be found online but I wouldn't have a clue where to begin to look. (Google?)

705red

Browncafe Steward
About five years ago or so they eliminated our air cargo operation but everyone of our 22.3s in 705 and were dove tailed into other hubs in the area. Let your agent know about this and maybe he can somehow use this info.

I'mTheMan

About five years ago or so they eliminated our air cargo operation but everyone of our 22.3s in 705 and were dove tailed into other hubs in the area. Let your agent know about this and maybe he can somehow use this info.

What does it exactly mean? Does it mean the 22.3 full timers can still keep job as full timers to relocate to hubs from air operations?