More stops, less time....

BigTex61

Has anyone noticed since peak that your required to do alot more stops with no extra time? Especially station's on DRA? One of our managers tired of all the crap spilled the beans on this one. She says the system now allows at least one minute less per residential stop, resulting in alot of drivers not making their numbers. She's also said upper management told them to really hold our feet to the fire on these unsafe numbers. That's why there in your face everyday with the gap report trying to make us sign stuff. Anyone else heard of this?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
friend* 'em.

Everyone needs to slow down, be safe and to hell with these soulless bitches and bastards that think they're running Express.

vantexan

friend* 'em.

Everyone needs to slow down, be safe and to hell with these soulless bitches and bastards that think they're running Express.
As domiciles in a 1630 commit area, we were just told we can no longer deliver before 1201. Most days freight arrives late enough so no problem. But Monday, when our part-timer is off, our freight arrived at 1055 and I left meet point at 1125. Had to take a 30 min break on the one day we need to get busy with the part-timer off. Supposed to help station's numbers but appears to me they think we'll be more productive, rushing to make 1630 commit.

Maui

As domiciles in a 1630 commit area, we were just told we can no longer deliver before 1201. Most days freight arrives late enough so no problem. But Monday, when our part-timer is off, our freight arrived at 1055 and I left meet point at 1125. Had to take a 30 min break on the one day we need to get busy with the part-timer off. Supposed to help station's numbers but appears to me they think we'll be more productive, rushing to make 1630 commit.

This is likely a game to reduce the number of routes onroad before 1200. The engineers basically tell the station management how many routes are allowed and the SM has to find a way to meet that. If you're out and usually do not tart until close to 1200 anyway this is a manipulation to make it appear like there are fewer routes. It is a shell game because the engineers believe that the window for 1200 PO commits is underutilized and wants to max out all those routes.

If you think it would help, then you could ask if Monday can be an exception, but Monday was probably the time they most wanted to reduce the number of routes before 1200. There is a big idea that Monday should be a maximum efficiency day since the freight is already there.

l22

Maybe they can show you how it's done.

Exactly. Safety first always. Following courier best practices, obey the speed limits and rules of the road - always follow the proper methods. If, according to management, you are having some on-road performance deficiencies, they need to take a check ride with you and/or show you how to do a better job on-road by running your route with you in the passenger seat.

vantexan

This is likely a game to reduce the number of routes onroad before 1200. The engineers basically tell the station management how many routes are allowed and the SM has to find a way to meet that. If you're out and usually do not tart until close to 1200 anyway this is a manipulation to make it appear like there are fewer routes. It is a shell game because the engineers believe that the window for 1200 PO commits is underutilized and wants to max out all those routes.

If you think it would help, then you could ask if Monday can be an exception, but Monday was probably the time they most wanted to reduce the number of routes before 1200. There is a big idea that Monday should be a maximum efficiency day since the freight is already there.
Thanks for the info, makes sense. Well, sense to them.

Cactus

I think Matt Thornton manipulates the engineers to be brutally honest here which is why they always cut back but very rarely add routes. Between Thornton, engineering and the SM it's all a game of smoke and mirrors with the main objective of looking good on a report while flipping the bird to the customer and of course the couriers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
friend* 'em.

FedEx runs on reports, not what makes sense. As you said earlier, it's all a game of looking good on paper. Falsification by management is rampant, yet nobody in Memphis cares as long as the facade is maintained. It really is amazing how effed-up it has all become.

The only thing saving us right now is lower fuel prices. Revenues are down, but Express showed a profit because of it (fuel). Peak volumes were much lower than forecast, and Fred spent a wad on all those last minute $20 per hour temps.

Cactus

FedEx runs on reports, not what makes sense. As you said earlier, it's all a game of looking good on paper. Falsification by management is rampant, yet nobody in Memphis cares as long as the facade is maintained.
Yes indeed. It's also a business with a foundation built on a house of cards.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My manager is constantly manipulating times on my timecards to look good on reports. I know because he has me sign the time cards. Really, I don't care, as long as my paid hours are correct. How long I'm in different codes in between means nothing to me.

Z

ZQXC

FedEx runs on reports, not what makes sense. As you said earlier, it's all a game of looking good on paper. Falsification by management is rampant, yet nobody in Memphis cares as long as the facade is maintained.

Smoke and mirrors, baby......

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Cactus

My manager is constantly manipulating times on my timecards to look good on reports. I know because he has me sign the time cards. Really, I don't care, as long as my paid hours are correct. How long I'm in different codes in between means nothing to me.
Hey don't let that backfire on you. SM's are especially talented in the area of throwing the help under the bus to save their own hide. Start photocopying your time card or print your codes out from the powerpad and keep those copies. If you signed off on what the SM changed, this can fall back on you. Lastly, your SM should be fired.

BigTex61

Cover your rear end on that one. I've seen this happen so many times, and it will be you tossed under the bus.

Has anyone noticed since peak that your required to do alot more stops with no extra time? Especially station's on DRA? One of our managers tired of all the crap spilled the beans on this one. She says the system now allows at least one minute less per residential stop, resulting in alot of drivers not making their numbers. She's also said upper management told them to really hold our feet to the fire on these unsafe numbers. That's why there in your face everyday with the gap report trying to make us sign stuff. Anyone else heard of this?

SmithBarney

There is a big idea that Monday should be a maximum efficiency day since the freight is already there.

HAHAH it could be, but most stations are not allowed to deliver Tuesday freight that shows up on Monday... of course it might kill Tuesday numbers, but if the freight is 1hr late on Tuesday now you are staring at packages that were here and could have been delivered.

Cactus

HAHAH it could be, but most stations are not allowed to deliver Tuesday freight that shows up on Monday... of course it might kill Tuesday numbers, but if the freight is 1hr late on Tuesday now you are staring at packages that were here and could have been delivered.
All designed to make someone in Memphis look good (most likely Thornton) and most likely a handsome bonus came with it. In all my years of working life I have never seen such an idiotic policy like this one implemented. What a way to give the customer the finger.

Pure falsification by your manager by changing times on your timecard. I've had a manager fired by deleting sort delay(43) times on timecards. Best is not to sign off changes unless you noted to be changed.

Goldilocks

Pure falsification by your manager by changing times on your timecard. I've had a manager fired by deleting sort delay(43) times on timecards. Best is not to sign off changes unless you noted to be changed.

I have never felt so raped in my life. Do you know what I mean? Watching so many bust their asses only to get called in after their routes and told you suck.