More than 100 UPS retirees protest proposed pension cuts

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
More than 100 UPS retirees protest proposed pension cuts - Fox 4

More than 100 retirees gathered outside two UPS terminals Thursday to protest a company plan to cut their pensions by 20 percent.

Many are calling it the latest attack on the Central States Teamster Pension Plan.

There are 32,000 workers in Missouri alone who are vested in this pension plan. And protesters claim they all would feel the pain, arguing that if UPS can cut pension payments by 20 percent, other employers will follow.

InsideUPS

Thanks for the article Cheryl......really surprised that there are so few that care about this thread... Just wait until the pension cuts starts affecting more UPSers across the country as time goes on.

twoweeled

Thanks for the article Cheryl......really surprised that there are so few that care about this thread... Just wait until the pension cuts starts affecting more UPSers across the country as time goes on.
Happen to us, over an over again! Divide and conquer in smaller groups. It's acceptable and unimportant when it's them. It's an issue when it's us!! It's also too late to do anything about it. Makes us look so damn stupid! There will be more to follow. It's just a matter of who. Guaranteed!

twoweeled

Wonder if they know they are picketing the wrong place.
They probably don't know who/where to picket. Maybe just wanting to get notice? There is so much going on with pensions and pension cuts. This thing is rolling and not stopping. There really needs to be some sort of organization against this, but I know how it is when everyone is working 12's. Things just don't look very good.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They probably don't know who/where to picket. Maybe just wanting to get notice? There is so much going on with pensions and pension cuts. This thing is rolling and not stopping. There really needs to be some sort of organization against this, but I know how it is when everyone is working 12's. Things just don't look very good.
Retirees are not working 12's.
Maybe they should band together and start a movement.

I like the idea of Morgan Stanley and the other Wall St bitches having to pay for the restitution.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
...then why is our pension plan officially known as "UPS/IBT Pension Plan"?

The name, itself, would suggest some involvement by the company.

Where would you suggest they protest?

I'm confused.
Did UPS propose cuts to that plan? Looks like these guys are in Central States.