More Truck Driving Championship Videos

Hey, my feeder and Freight friends, looks like this is going to be a whole big video series. Really good stuff. Go to the UPSers.com and check out this story: Speed is Not the Goal at This Driving Championship. Sorry can't link straght to UPSErs.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This series focuses on the National Truck Driving Championships. Episode #1, “Got to be Safe to Get There,” highlights preparation for the competition. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I was talkin with one of the guys in the video. Said it was an awesome time.
[/FONT]

rushfan

I competed in our state championship thinking I was going to do good. Boy did I have a rude awakening. The pre-trip portion was very difficult, driving was the same. We drove other companies vehicles through the course. I messed up on the off-set alley.

Will I do it again next year? I sure will. I'm glad to see corporate pushing us to compete in the event.

over9five

Staff member
A driver who did it told me he missed first place because he parked his truck in neutral(UPS way).
Industry standard is to park it in lowest gear.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does anyone know of any site that us retired people can view the truck driving championships. I tried You Tube but all I could come up with that include any UPS rigs was the opening parade of trucks. It was kind of embarrasing watching all the other companies trucks drive by and let loose with an extra loud blast of their air horns and then the UPS feeder goes by and the driver is pretending to pull on the air horn cord as he beeps his little car horn :wink2:

rushfan

I do the imaginary pull the air horn chain, while I honk the electric horn. The horn is pretty weak. I've heard some trucks where the driver equips a semi with a train horn. It sure gets 4 wheeler attention.