More UPS news

dudebro

It's a shame because if the guy didn't have any trouble he was going to earn at least 90k a year for the rest of his career in Louisville, KY. That's plenty to live comfortably if you do it right in that area.

badpal

I have sat next to "That Guy" as a Steward more than once.

When I am told that I am "needed" upstairs, in the Loss Prevention office, I know it likely isn't going to end well....for someone.

I have sat next to "That Guy" as a Steward more than once.

When I am told that I am "needed" upstairs, in the Loss Prevention office, I know it likely isn't going to end well....for someone.
What advice do you even give in that situation?

F

Frankie's Friend

Face it...
some people are just addicted to stealing. They steal anything and everything.
But normally it seems to start with getting away with a little theft here and there. Next it's addicted behavior that wont stop.
Some steal just for the rush of getting away with it.
All of them know it's wrong from the get go but they don't care.

F

Frankie's Friend

MORE TEAMSTER LEADERSHIP NEWS
Screenshot_20190114-231121_Google.jpg

Are you gloating?

rod

Retired 22 years
Face it...
some people are just addicted to stealing. They steal anything and everything.
But normally it seems to start with getting away with a little theft here and there. Next it's addicted behavior that wont stop.
Some steal just for the rush of getting away with it.
All of them know it's wrong from the get go but they don't care.

I had a friend like that. Shop lifted every day. Nothing big or expensive but it was like he was addicted to the high apparently he got from getting away with it. As far as I know he never got caught and is probably still doing it today.

F

Frankie's Friend

I had a friend like that. Shop lifted every day. Nothing big or expensive but it was like he was addicted to the high apparently he got from getting away with it. As far as I know he never got caught and is probably still doing it today.
Sooner or later they get sloppy and/or careless. Like they want to get caught.
It's a bondage like compulsive lying.

F

Frankie's Friend

By the way @BigUnionGuy , people steal at every vocation daily.
Some steal things, some steal time, some steal by being corrupt in handling members rights, and some steal by omission.

The percentage of theft at package (and mail) facilities is greater just by the availability of vulnerable items accessible to thousand of workers who handle them. I would guess that freight theft is a huge issue as well.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's a shame because if the guy didn't have any trouble he was going to earn at least 90k a year for the rest of his career in Louisville, KY. That's plenty to live comfortably if you do it right in that area.
And he would be on the poverty line if living in California so he probably needed a little help with the bills.....