Morningstar 401 manager

DILLIGAF1

I was going to do the same thing until I found out Edward Jones charges 1.44% to manage my money. I am currently charged .20% through prudential.

badpal

Call me what you will but I like my EJ portolio manager and trust that he has my best interests in mind.
And that is sure worth something, I at least like dealing with folks I can see face to face and know my name. If a fellow trades frequently the yearly percentage charge, might be better that the commission based.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And that is sure worth something, I at least like dealing with folks I can see face to face and know my name. If a fellow trades frequently the yearly percentage charge, might be better that the commission based.
So going off what DILLIGAF1 said EJ charges 1.44% to manage your money vs the .01% fee on the Prudential S&P 500 fund, roughly 140 times as much. And what do you get in return? There's a very short list of active fund managers who beat the market and I can pretty much guarantee you that some flunky at EJ is not on that list and even if he managed to come close on a good year the exorbitant fees he's charging would more than eat up the difference. But hey, he knows your name so I guess there's that...

dnr3gDr.gif

brown metal coffin

Is there any new information on this. Has anyone tried this and been more successful than they were before they tried it? Im looking to give it a go but want to hear some experienced users of it...