Most elaborate theivery inside UPS you've witnessed

cynic

Wow! What do you do with all of that grievance money? Motorcycle? Boat? College fund for the kids?

Nope, just buy PED's so I can unload irreg's all alone and work faster just like my PT sup wants me to. They get winded helping out.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A side note on reward money. I alerted management about suspicious next day air letters to a few addresses from Texas to a town I deliver to.

They were sending documents for illegal immigrants to use to get false identification. I worked with the Secret Service for a while identifying the homes and people involved. It resulted in arrests being made.

UPS cut me a check for $ 1000, and the Secret Service presented me with a plaque that I keep in my illegal poker room.

If your story is genuine, then that's really good of you. Our country need more people like that.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We has a PT sup a few years back who had been here for quite a few years, he was about to be offered a FT sup position. One of his nightly duties was to go check the upper lot where we park the trucks @ night to make sure there were no pickup pieces that got missed. He took an irreg cart out to make it easier for him, and he would routinely take Nordstrom's boxes and toss them in his car, where all management was allowed to park cause you know, they're honest. His girlfriend would then go and return them to Nordstrom's (who have a VERY liberal return policy. Cash back without a receipt). It took a VERY long time for them to catch him, so that was a good one :D

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I've seen a bunch of dummies lose their jobs trying different methods. Some would grab stuff & then hide it above the hung ceiling tiles in the restrooms (LP regularly looks in those places).

Another method some have used (and I couldn't believe there was actually a name already associated with the practice) is "over-boxing" where someone prints a label addressed to a friend, neighbor or family member then slaps it on a big screen tv or something of value. This also throws up red flags because tracking labels that just magically show up in the system without any kind of origin scan...not very bright.

I once was loading a feeder back when I worked inside and came across an empty smartphone box next to the rollers. I went to the LP office to make sure they didn't try to blame me for it and they had already caught the person who did it and they were in the office waiting for the police to arrive.

Another guy...a 30 year feeder driver got fired for taking a bouquet of flowers out of a dumpster to give to his wife.

One guy, an irreg train driver had spotted a piece of jewelry as an overgood and grabbed it, drove his train across the building and hid it. He waited 10 days to make sure no one was suspicious of him, then went back to the hiding spot, put the jewelry on and tried to leave the building. Turns out LP had found the hiding spot and was waiting patiently for him to come back for it.

Another inside guy was standing next to a part time sup and the part time sup went to play-punch him in the chest and he freaked out and stepped back & covered his pocket. Turns out he had stolen...wait for it...a lone single chocolate out of a box of chocolates. He lost his job, benefits, etc for less than a dollar worth of chocolate.

Bottom line, don't be tempted by some stupid short term gain. It's not worth risking your job, benefits, your freedom or your reputation. Do the right thing.

retired2000

Re: Most elaborate theivery inside UPS you've witness

We had a dd that was behind to his bookie so he went in the back of his PCM and punched himself in the face a few times and called the police. He was fired a few days later.

jaker

trolling
We all know that you can get a way with it once or twice , but greed is a evil temptress and people are weak

so I set my goals high if I ever find a million in cash well guess what​

Re-Raise

If your story is genuine, then that's really good of you. Our country need more people like that.

I have never even considered posting something on here that wasn't genuine.

You remind me of a story someone told me one time about men who check behind their bedroom door to catch someone who has been cheating with their wife, are probably the men who have hidden behind someone's bedroom door.

If you don't understand what I am getting at, I am implying that you make a lot of crap up.

quamba 638

A side note on reward money. I alerted management about suspicious next day air letters to a few addresses from Texas to a town I deliver to.

They were sending documents for illegal immigrants to use to get false identification. I worked with the Secret Service for a while identifying the homes and people involved. It resulted in arrests being made.

UPS cut me a check for $ 1000, and the Secret Service presented me with a plaque that I keep in my illegal poker room.

This reminds me of a few years ago when UPS made us bring in 2 proofs of identification. They gave us all about a month to do it. Long story short, we a few guys with 15+ years seniority never shown up to work again. Kinda bummed me out because I knew one of the guys fairly well.

Re-Raise

This reminds me of a few years ago when UPS made us bring in 2 proofs of identification. They gave us all about a month to do it. Long story short, we a few guys with 15+ years seniority never shown up to work again. Kinda bummed me out because I knew one of the guys fairly well.

Wow. I was golfing with some friends, one of which was an Illinois State Policeman.

He told us had recently pulled over an immigrant in town and ran his ID which said he was currently incarcerated in Texas. He told the guy, who said he had another ID if he wanted to run it.

We laughed about it, but that is what made me suspicious of the letters coming in from Texas.

Turns out some people in jail would sell their birth certificates and other records needed to get a driver license.

brett636

I didn't witness it, but found out after the fact. Over the last 2 years we have had a lot of new construction going on around my facility to make room for a boom in new volume in the area. We moved our mechanics shop to its own building right across the street and added a new automated small sort. Well our plant engineering manager was in cahoots with the construction contractor doing the work and their scheme involved the contractor billing UPS for bogus work that was never done while the plant engineering manager was signing off on the invoices coming in and they would split the money. The total losses was in the millions, but they were eventually caught earlier this year and both are still wrangling with the legal and criminal consequences of their thievery.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Where does everybody stash all that stolen time I hear so much about? Can I buy it off you at a discount, no questions asked? Payment with be stashed under the mat on my toolbox next to my NSFW calendar.

browntroll

how true is it that loss prevention can fire you for dishonesty if you know or heard about someone stealing?
for example: unloader-a tells unloader-b that he stole something in the past, unloader-b gets questioned randomly about stealing or knowing anything/anyone stealing
but says he knows nothing. loss prevention later finds out unloader-a told unloader-b that he was stealing would unloader-b be fired for dishonesty?

also what should i do if i see someone stealing time? say nothing? i know of a few guys that steal at least 30 min everyday, one guy steals at least an hour.

jaker

trolling
how true is it that loss prevention can fire you for dishonesty if you know or heard about someone stealing?
for example: unloader-a tells unloader-b that he stole something in the past, unloader-b gets questioned randomly about stealing or knowing anything/anyone stealing
but says he knows nothing. loss prevention later finds out unloader-a told unloader-b that he was stealing would unloader-b be fired for dishonesty?

also what should i do if i see someone stealing time? say nothing? i know of a few guys that steal at least 30 min everyday, one guy steals at least an hour.
First hearsay can not stand up anywhere , so as long as you was not around when the stealing was going on they cant prove it

second stealing time is none of your business , worry about your job and doing it you are not a sup

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Lp, & management in general, think all hourlies are thieves, so in your hypothetical situation, we would all be fired

10veleze

We had a group of guys, one of them was a 20+ years management employee. The unloader was putting electronics down the irregs slide. So the irregs driver was taking those electronics, driving outside in the yard and tossing them over the fence and the full time management guy and was picking those package and selling them.

And another story is a 35 years feeder driver was caught opening boxes and putting stuff in his backpack, it happened early this year. He got the option to quit and keep benefits. How that happens, no clue.