Most elaborate theivery inside UPS you've witnessed

FilingBluesFL

TooTechie,

This was a respectful comment?

Sincerely,
I

I found it to be "entertaining," and therefore relevant to MY entertainment time.

Just recently our overgoods/damage clerk got arrested for stealing iPad thingies. Didn't get caught by the company, but got pulled over going somewhere, and was stoned out of his mind. Police searched his car, found crack and a bunch of iPod/Pad/Poop things and boxes in his back seat with labels to people obviously other than himself.

One driver was busted for stealing pharmaceuticals, apparently they were into the double digits worth of missing boxes, and I guess they decided to add GPS trackers to the boxes to see where they were going, and they followed one right into his personal car.

Of course all the usual stuff, Christmas hires trying to throw crap over the fences, etc. I guess one guy was doing the label thing, and taking stuff home. Apparently when he was caught, he still had all the junk he double-labled in the back of his toppered pickup truck.

Ain't nuffin worth more to me than my jerb.

BrownArmy

...One driver was busted for stealing pharmaceuticals, apparently they were into the double digits worth of missing boxes, and I guess they decided to add GPS trackers to the boxes to see where they were going, and they followed one right into his personal car..

My example doesn't fit into 'elaborate thievery', but the same thing happened in my center, three months after I started driving.

I was still a 'casual', and another 'casual' had caught on to the fact that Oxy's were being shipped (sig rqd, high-value cage)...

Same thing, LP put trackers on the packages, and they led to a dumpster along the route...

I passed that guy as the state police pulled him over at 09:06, less than a mile from the center.

Just real stupid.

Pronkie1

At the building I work at, couple years ago a high value clerk was busted...What happened was he was stealing pharmaceuticals ....He would get the packages right off the trailers and take them upstairs to one of the locker rooms and flush the bottles down a toilet....The plumber was called out over a year period to unclog the toilet...Finally, after almost a year of this going on, the plumber had pulled out over twenty empty bottles out of the toilet drain ..The guy kept using the same toilet and the plumber had noticed blockage...So he removed the toilet and fished out all those bottles....LP knew someone was doing it as claims were coming in but didn't know who...So LP set up a package with explosive dye and sure enough they caught the clerk...Funny thing, these high value clerks in our building are temp workers...They work for one year and then are let go....Kinda stupid...But its been going on for years.......

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At the building I work at, couple years ago a high value clerk was busted...What happened was he was stealing pharmaceuticals ....He would get the packages right off the trailers and take them upstairs to one of the locker rooms and flush the bottles down a toilet....The plumber was called out over a year period to unclog the toilet...Finally, after almost a year of this going on, the plumber had pulled out over twenty empty bottles out of the toilet drain ..The guy kept using the same toilet and the plumber had noticed blockage...So he removed the toilet and fished out all those bottles....LP knew someone was doing it as claims were coming in but didn't know who...So LP set up a package with explosive dye and sure enough they caught the clerk...Funny thing, these high value clerks in our building are temp workers...They work for one year and then are let go....Kinda stupid...But its been going on for years.......

We have 3 high value clerks across the different shifts in my building. They are all 25+ year inside employees.

EmraldArcher

Drivers delivering airs with grounds, prerecording the grounds and pulling up to stop later in the day and stop completing.

​What's the scam here? If they're going back to the stop to complete it later why not just complete it when they delivered the air and not waste the time of going back?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a 20+ year driver and a part-timer who "teamed up" with the bright idea of stealing ipads. The part-timer would pilfer them from bulk stops going to a local big-box electronics store and toss them into the drivers package car in order to get them out of the building past security. The driver would then meet the part-timer out on route and hand them over. They were selling the damn things on Craigslist. Apparently they overlooked the fact that ipads have serial numbers and when the big-box store noticed that they were coming up short on their ipad shipments they reported the missing ones stolen. Some guy bought one of the ipads from the driver, tried to register it online, and called the cops when he found out it was hot. LP set up cameras and nailed both the part-timer and the driver red-handed one day. Theft of interstate shipments is a felony so the local cops were waiting in the parking lot. The driver flushed a 20 year career with bennies and a pension down the toilet in exchange for maybe 2 or 3 grand in cash he made selling the ipads before he got caught. Idiot.

S

serenity now

covemaster said it best: It's all just cardboard; don't know what's in it and don't care

browntroll

covemaster said it best: It's all just cardboard; don't know what's in it and don't care
i agree. i see everything as cardboard dont understand the need to even get curious to look inside.
i did have one lady i believe she was a corporate customer of some sort cant believe they let her in the hub , she come up to me saying
some boxes on a bulk cart are hers and she wanted me to open them up, i walked away and looked for a sup to help her.