Most Non Production Employees That Have Been Fired Or Quit Have Gone On To Better Job

A

anonymous6

we recently had this discussion about managers that have been fired or quit in the last 15 or 20 years at our hub.

almost all of them have gone on to bigger and better things at other companies.

brownedout

Re: Most Non Production Employees That Have Been Fired Or Quit Have Gone On To Better

Haven't had the same experience at all. Most management still show up at center from time to time, can't stay away. Drivers on the other hand, although most take at a minumum 1/3 to 1/2 pay cut, they look great! The job and a good, happy life isn't all about $$.

brown_trousers

Re: Most Non Production Employees That Have Been Fired Or Quit Have Gone On To Better

Haven't had the same experience at all. Most management still show up at center from time to time, can't stay away. Drivers on the other hand, although most take at a minumum 1/3 to 1/2 pay cut, they look great! The job and a good, happy life isn't all about $$.

Amen to that!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Money cant buy happiness.

It will get you so close that you can be fooled, though.

upsgrunt

And why is it you never hear rich people say this?

browniehound

we recently had this discussion about managers that have been fired or quit in the last 15 or 20 years at our hub.

Really? Every manager or sup that I've have ever known to be fired was because of dishonesty and can't get a job at Walmart past laborer.

I'm not saying for all management because all the DM and above that I've met are sharp as a tack, but I see a pattern of college graduates who couldn't or can't find a job in their field become management at UPS. So now we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for management talent because who is going to work at UPS unless they have to?

Where are we going to find young, qualified talented people to lead UPS in the future? The only talent UPS gets are the ones discarded from other, less profitable firms?

A

anonymous6

was just trying to be nice and give managers hope since i read that UPS is going to start cutbacks from 20-25% over the next two years.

20-25 % cutbacks in "non production employees" due to overlapping to 2013.

menotyou

bella amicizia

was just trying to be nice and give managers hope since i read that UPS is going to start cutbacks from 20-25% over the next two years.20-25 % cutbacks in "non production employees" due to overlapping to 2013.
Will that include sales? Please?!?

dcdriver

nations capital

The last manager that I know that left UPS for what ever reason is now delivering pizza.

A

anonymous6

The last manager that I know that left UPS for what ever reason is now delivering pizza.

i guess at my hub most of our former supes have been luckier.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

ive met a few that say they actually have there life and sanity back now,, no mention of social status.. I really dont understand how most here think operations management is a easy job and those in it have only one agenda,, that group should put there letter in to make that easy money and fix the system

Plus I hear there chance of going to heaven have greatly improved.

worldwide

was just trying to be nice and give managers hope since i read that UPS is going to start cutbacks from 20-25% over the next two years.

20-25 % cutbacks in "non production employees" due to overlapping to 2013.

oranfputeh. Can you post a link to where you read that UPS is going to start cutbacks from 20-25% over the next two years? If you can't post the link, what is the source of this info?

Thanks,

Returntosender

UPS is the management school for all other businesses.

packageguy

I am hearing most managers are stepping down, taking supervisor jobs,

barnyard

KTM rider

There are 3 supes and 2 center manager from my building that have been termed in my tenure (13 years.) One center manager owns his own business, the other is a center manager for Fedex freight and the driver supes are all supes at regional trucking companies. All say they took pay cuts, but all also say they do not work near the hours they used to.

UPS does a great job training their supes and they are in demand throughout the transportation industry.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

And for the managers and sups who didn't join the "good old Boy's " club,,,they make it harder for them to stay and make it !!!