Most Non Production Employees That Have Been Fired Or Quit Have Gone On To Better Job

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Re: Most Non Production Employees That Have Been Fired Or Quit Have Gone On To Better

I left UPS in December 2004 after an HR rep more or less gave me a choice between my career and my education. I spat on the grating and said, "I'll give my two-weeks when I'm ready. Have a nice day." I told my supe about the conversation and promised him 2 weeks notice when I was ready. He acted all stunned and flat-footed when I gave it! lol.

I returned to the fold 2 years later as a graduate student (health benefits). I left again almost a year later when I was offered a position in my field. I cleared the security gate for the last time and flat out RAN away. I graduated with a Masters Degree in 2008, found work in my field and like so many others, have struggled in this lousy economy to keep working. I learned alot about myself and honed outstanding skills that an employer just this past week complimented me on. One things for sure: once you've worked at UPS, no challenge seems too tough. -Rocky