Mother's Day 2015

DRAisawesome

First of all happy Mother's Day to all the moms. Who has been forced to work Sunday? Also if you are forced to work Sunday make sure you work next Saturday for double time. That is all. Have a good weekend

Serf

Yes. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. Make them bleed cash. I did a bulk stop yesterday with almost 2,000 boxes of flowers loaded in a trailer and my sprinter bulked out. $$$

MassWineGuy

I'm normally scheduled to work Saturdays. I volunteered to work Sunday. Should be great weather, and there won't be any service commitments.

Purplepackage

Sorry purple package. Sunday is not double time. It's the start of a new week.

So it wouldn't count as my 7th day working?

Either way it's a scheduled day off I would get time and a half but I'm confused on this.

What about guys who have a random day off during the week? If you worked Monday/wednesday-Sunday wouldn't Monday be double time for you because its your 7th day?

dezguy

I'll be at home celebrating the day with my lovely wife, taking a trip to visit my mom and finally cooking dinner for my wife and my mother in law. No more working holidays for this guy, not for a long time now.

DRAisawesome

Well fedex week goes Sunday to Saturday. So if you work Sunday yes it is time and a half. If your a Tuesday-sdr courier and have Monday off yes Sunday would be your only time and half day.

Also if you work Sunday and just say you have a personal day the following week. I believe that nullifies your Sunday OT. Idiotic rule if you ask me.

*****cleared*****

I've been paid double time for my 6th day working. That was a Monday through Saturday. I've never been paid double time for over 12 hours I don't think. I've only done that a few times and I guess I never paid any attention.

MassWineGuy

I don't think I'll see double time ever. Twelve hours is about the maximum under DOT rules, I think. If weather is bad, you can go 14. Oh boy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Has anyone been paid double time? And if so, when?
I did when I was a 4/10 and during peak the weather got bad we were so far behind and it was mandatory. I think I ended up with 6 or 7 hours DT but a lot of that went to taxes. Bend over.