MOU's!!! - Memorandum Of Understanding

kingOFchester

No idea why. We had everyone including TDU cats applauding on almost every change.

We had everyone sighing and saying "WTF" or "what BS" as the Eboard went thru the contract line for line. Retirees standing up and expressing dissatisfaction. Part timers standing up and expressing anger. Full timers standing up and questioning the contract.

stink219

MOU's!!!

I disagree. I find that beyond the healthcare issue, people with weak locals are voting no due to contract enforcement. We have never lost an employee in the last 5 years due to anything beyond outright stealing in which police were involved.

kingOFchester

I disagree. I find that beyond the healthcare issue, people with weak locals are voting no due to contract enforcement. We have never lost an employee in the last 5 years due to anything beyond outright stealing in which police were involved.

Well, lets agree to disagree. I have yet heard anyone mention harassment language or anything inline with job security and getting fired. Its all about part timers :censored2: pay , 4 year progression, pension, retired health benefits, health benefits and wording on health benefits, how some of our raises could go into paying for benefits, deductibles, out of pocket expense, and the open door this contract leaves.

stink219

MOU's!!!

Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. 4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Pension was increased for CS. Retired health is now the same as ours.
Raises being diverted are at $0.35 max which need to be voted on by members.
Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I haven't researched the changes in its entirety.

kingOFchester

Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. They are making all most the same as they were 10 years ago to start. Drivers could get a 20% pay cut and would still be the highest paid in the industry. Point is mute.
4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Wrong, not here.
Pension was increased for CS. Not here.
Retired health is now the same as ours. Not here.
Raises being diverted are at $0.35 max which need to be voted on by members. Nope, voted on by the trustees. At least here.
Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I know it is less then what I currently have.
I haven't researched the changes in its entirety. Either have I as they haven't released ALL info. What I do have access to is less then what I have now.

stink219

MOU's!!!

You need a stronger local supplement. Most of your issues are on a local level which leads me to my previous post of strength in the local.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. 4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Pension was increased for CS. Retired health is now the same as ours.
Raises being diverted are at $0.35 max which need to be voted on by members.
Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I haven't researched the changes in its entirety.

HERE STINK talks about the health care issues having "TOO MANY UNKNOWNS"... yet he wants to vote YES!

In other words, he is willing to give the union a BLANK CHECK on his healthcare whether or not they reduce his benefits or not. He has blind trust.

Peace

TOS

kingOFchester

Re: MOU's!!!

You need a stronger local supplement. Most of your issues are on a local level which leads me to my previous post of strength in the local.

In my haste to defend my view on the contract, I neglected to acknowledge that my local is not as strong as many other locals. In fact, I do feel as though there are many deficiencies within the locals supplement. I stand corrected as far as that is concerned.

I will re-post the following with adjustments in blue:

Part timers are the highest paid in the industry. They are making all most the same as they were 10 years ago to start. Drivers could get a 20% pay cut and would still be the highest paid in the industry. Point is mute. National, not local

4 year progression can be reduced by driving as a seasonal cover. Wrong, not here. Local

Pension was increased for CS. Not here. Local due to fund status.

Retired health is now the same as ours. Not here. Not sure, I was under the impression national agreement spells out spouses that is less then what we have now. Long ways away from worrying about that.

Raises being diverted are at $0.35 max which need to be voted on by members. Nope, voted on by the trustees. At least here. National And the .35 is deceiving as it is 50% of raise I believe. So that could equate to half of the 3.90 of life of contract. Actually, I think half of the final 3 years is the max. Further more I think you are speaking of pension contribution, where as i am talking about H&W.

Health changes, I can't and won't speak on because of too many different unknowns. I know it is less then what I currently have. National

I haven't researched the changes in its entirety. Either have I as they haven't released ALL info. What I do have access to is less then what I have now. National

Healthcare is a big issue because no one gets free healthcare in the nation but us. So no one will be sympathetic if we would go on strike for just free healthcare. It's going to be a up hill battle to fight this. My concern is we should be talking about other options. If this get's voted down, healthcare will be a issue because the campany and the union want no company plans. We could get $2 a year in raises for what we are asking for in healthcare. IBT should have and if get's voted down should utilize this to are advantage.

U

uber

Is the sentiment now that if you don't like the contract, you must not understand it?

RealPerson

Healthcare is a big issue because no one gets free healthcare in the nation but us. So no one will be sympathetic if we would go on strike for just free healthcare. It's going to be a up hill battle to fight this. My concern is we should be talking about other options. If this get's voted down, healthcare will be a issue because the campany and the union want no company plans. We could get $2 a year in raises for what we are asking for in healthcare. IBT should have and if get's voted down should utilize this to are advantage.

We Do NOT get Free Health Care.
It is part of your wages and it is taken out before it hits your paycheck.
Well until this year, and what might be coming from Obama Care.
My healthcare was reported on my W2 this year.