Move to UPS?

acannon881

Been driving with Express for a little over 2.5 years now, Full Time for about 1.5 years. Have had experience at UPS as a helper and preloader in college. Inquired about Package Delivery Driver job at UPS, which they are currently hiring at my local station. Will be touring station & could have interview. Sounds like I could walk right in and get FT position, according to HR person I talked to. Would this be a good move?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Been driving with Express for a little over 2.5 years now, Full Time for about 1.5 years. Have had experience at UPS as a helper and preloader in college. Inquired about Package Delivery Driver job at UPS, which they are currently hiring at my local station. Will be touring station & could have interview. Sounds like I could walk right in and get FT position, according to HR person I talked to. Would this be a good move?

It would be as a seasonal hire this time of year........ I know the HR guy said it was as a regular full time

bacha29

Better get a legally binding formal job offer before you decide.

Airwoman18

Very unlikely you will become a full time driver quick at UPS. I'm a driver. it took 4.5 years on twilight to get me here. seasonal drivers around june 1st. seasonal for Christmas. you must have seniority. as a new driver your on a as needed basis.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Very unlikely you will become a full time driver quick at UPS. I'm a driver. it took 4.5 years on twilight to get me here. seasonal drivers around june 1st. seasonal for Christmas. you must have seniority. as a new driver your on a as needed basis.
Every building is different. My building is hiring permanent friend/t off the street. The next closest building is currently over staffed and laying drivers off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Twilight’s sorts for wimps

SmithBarney

It would be as a seasonal hire this time of year........ I know the HR guy said it was as a regular full time
Hell even if it's seasonal, he'll make more in this "season" than he has his entire career at FedEx... But yes sometimes it's just seasonal, sometimes they are hiring off the street. Figure out which it is, then decide.

allahuakbar

She/Her
You’ll def get hired as a seasonal. You won’t get “Hired” till after peak though. Unless you can crush your 30 days before October.

optikz

I got hired on as a full time driver right before peak a few years back Everyone on this forum swore it was temporary/seasonal. I'm still here and have 13 drivers under me now on the seniority list. You could be full time as ups is hiring for Saturday drivers now especially in my building.

I came from express as a swing driver for 9 years. So my route knowledge was vast. I came in covering pretty much every route in the building besides the mall and military base routes. I guess you can say I never had a regular 30 day probationary period as I trained on one route for 3 days and then covered numerous routes my second week in.

I did no gain any seniority during November and December so none of those days counted towards my 30. I've worked everyday since I was hired with the exception of using option days.

If HR says it's full time, just make sure you offer states this. Also, intergrad is a stress test, easy to pass, but also easy to fail so if you quit FedEx and fail intergrad, well good luck going back to FedEx....

SmithBarney

...so if you quit FedEx and fail intergrad, well good luck going back to FedEx....

You can do what others have done, take a temporary leave of FEDEX. I've seen one case where someone left "temporarily due to stress/mental issues" but really they spent about a month job hunting/training... Might not be ethical, I guess they did what they had to do to make a living.

MAKAVELI

You can do what others have done, take a temporary leave of FEDEX. I've seen one case where someone left "temporarily due to stress/mental issues" but really they spent about a month job hunting/training... Might not be ethical, I guess they did what they had to do to make a living.
Ethical and FedEx is an oxymoron. Do what you gotta do for you and your family and friend* FedEx.:happy2:

Chaos

I Am The Devil
I’m going swing at Ups from X ground/HD 4 years. Start beginning of July.

It’s an opportunity to do what I already love and actually have the potential to make real money.

But on a side note I’m sick friend. Idgaf how many stops I gotta run. Glutton for punishment I suppose

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I’m going swing at Ups from X ground/HD 4 years. Start beginning of July.

It’s an opportunity to do what I already love and actually have the potential to make real money.

But on a side note I’m sick friend. Idgaf how many stops I gotta run. Glutton for punishment I suppose
Just forget everything you learned at ground and you'll be ok.:happy2: