I filed a grievance for supervisor working at loading and now I have been moved to unloading. I've been working there all week. I used to get 4.5 hours when the supervisor wasn't working and now they are giving me 3.5 hours.

I had the second most seniority of my area when I was loading. Now my replacement is getting more hours than me at my old loading position. I am being screwed out of more than $100 dollars a week! That's $400 a month! It's a :censored2:en robbery! WTF

I talked to the steward and all he tells me is they are allowed to do this. This seems so unfair!

Is this even legal?

Duckwithapipboy

And unless you are able to prove that this was in retaliation to that file, you work as directed ... and unload as slow as you reasonably can. Also head to a belt loading a hot trailer. Try and grab more time that way.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I filed a grievance for supervisor working at loading and now I have been moved to unloading. I've been working there all week. I used to get 4.5 hours when the supervisor wasn't working and now they are giving me 3.5 hours.

I had the second most seniority of my area when I was loading. Now my replacement is getting more hours than me at my old loading position. I am being screwed out of more than $100 dollars a week! That's $400 a month! It's a :censored2:en robbery! WTF

I talked to the steward and all he tells me is they are allowed to do this. This seems so unfair!

Is this even legal?

According to your post, you're making around $20/hr. Seems kind of high.

km3

And unless you are able to prove that this was in retaliation to that file, you work as directed ... and unload as slow as you reasonably can. Also head to a belt loading a hot trailer. Try and grab more time that way.

Based on the last few threads by this user, retaliation should be easy to prove. OP needs to stop wasting time on here and call her union hall.

The Range

In too deep
Article 37 mentions a change in work assignment post union activity as evidence in determination of harassment. Article 22.4 outlines the process for part-timers and their classification preference. Check your local supplement. For instance, we have additional part-time language outlining the right to bid jobs as well as maintaining your current classification over those with inferior seniority. Depending on your local, it isn't going to be easy as it is not passe for part-timers to have the same rights as full-timers. Bottom line, your ability to chose a job seniority pending is nearly as strong as full-timers. Work as directed = work now, grieve the next time you walk in the door. Pay no attention to the losers and their 'WAD' mantra. Neither side bothers to read the contract and many on the other side are upset they have close to zero upward mobility and managing within the obligation of a contract is more challenging.

Last edited:

The Range

In too deep
I meant to say is passe. Either way, regardless what the situation is concerning part-time bids, you should always be able to stay for more work if you have the seniority. That should be an easy settlement.