Moving to new Atlanta SMART Hub, question about senority.

Quick question Gentlemen, i have been with UPS for 10 years PT. They have been going around the building asking PTrs if they would like to go to the new building in October. I have heard two different things about senority and bidding on jobs at the new building. I asked one union steward that said our seniorty would not change at the new building but another union steward gave me a different answer stating that people already working at the building would be able to bid on jobs before people coming from the old buildings. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Quick question Gentlemen, i have been with UPS for 10 years PT. They have been going around the building asking PTrs if they would like to go to the new building in October. I have heard two different things about senority and bidding on jobs at the new building. I asked one union steward that said our seniorty would not change at the new building but another union steward gave me a different answer stating that people already working at the building would be able to bid on jobs before people coming from the old buildings. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks
Call Matt, Wes, or Jim down at the hall.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I believe if your are forced to transfer, your seniority should dovetail into who is already there. If you transfer voluntarily, it might be a different story. Ask Stewart.

I believe if your are forced to transfer, your seniority should dovetail into who is already there. If you transfer voluntarily, it might be a different story. Ask Stewart.
Thank you. When asked, i said yes that i would go. Depending on what answer i get from Local 728 tomorrow i might have to change my answer to no.

542thruNthru

You are a knowledgeable person.

giphy-36.gif

Thanks for all the replys. If i am reading this correctly, i will be dovetailed into the new building and keep senority to bid on jobs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180913-090911_UPSRising.jpg
    Screenshot_20180913-090911_UPSRising.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 143

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Thanks

These answers are likely contained in the "change of operations" language in your applicable supplement.

MemberY

I just started shifting at the smart hub. There are 2 people right now on the pallet dock that moved over from the other Atl building on Fulton Industrial and they said theirs transfers with them. I have been told by other people that the people who transfer will still have senority for bidding vacation but not for bidding jobs. Wish I had a straight answer for you. All I know is they need a ton of people! I got hired off the street for shifter. What department are you in?

Last edited:
I just started shifting at the smart hub. There are 2 people right now on the pallet dock that moved over from the other Atl building on Fulton Industrial and they said theirs transfers with them. I have been told by other people that the people who transfer will still have senority for bidding vacation but not for bidding jobs. Wish I had a straight answer for you. All I know is they need a ton of people! I got hired off the street for shifter. What department are you in?
I work the Preload shift. I have beem getting so many conflicting answers about senority, i looked into the contract and it says it will be dovetailed in but if people in the SMART hub arebable to bid on jobs before i am, i think that is asinine. When i try to call the Local 728 nobody ever answers the phone and their voicemail boxes are all full.