Moving up from package handling

I recently got hired for the package handling position of course, been working for a month and I do see the potential working for UPS has. My goal right now is to become a full time truck driver by the time I'm 25 (currently 17,) and I was wondering is that a realistic goal? Is it even likely? Thanks for the input.

SanguiniusII

If you stick with it sure. Your goal right now should be leaving the inside of a truck as quickly as you can though even if it isn't to be in a driving position.

Box Ox

I recently got hired for the package handling position of course, been working for a month and I do see the potential working for UPS has. My goal right now is to become a full time truck driver by the time I'm 25 (currently 17,) and I was wondering is that a realistic goal? Is it even likely? Thanks for the input.

If you keep your eyes on the prize, you’ll become an unprotected and miserable 22.4 before you know it. Like really soon. They’re gonna have some turnover.

BrownThunder

Doesn't he need to be 21 before he can drive?

Cudos to you for getting in young. You are on trajectory for retiring young bud, stay healthy and work smart.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Put your name on the transfer list. You can drive at 21.

No tattoos, no stupid stuff like drugs or DWI. Keep driving record clean and drive a car with a clutch.

You have to be 21yrs to drive, be able to drive a stick for the road test and memorize the 10 point commentary and 5 keys to backing up. You don't have to go up driving school to be an air driver. However, I'm not sure if that is true for UPS facilities. That's how we do things in the south for the most part. If you can sweet talk an on road supervisor into letting you practice driving stock shift around the yard should great.