moving

manvel17

My wife moved to LA for work. She's currently working out there while im still working in RI. Im trying to transfer out there. Does anyone have any advice to give me.

S

serenity now

My wife moved to LA for work. She's currently working out there while im still working in RI. Im trying to transfer out there. Does anyone have any advice to give me.

here's some advice : don't let the next 30 posts hurt your feelings or depress you
OK.............. and so it begins

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Transfers are prohibited. You may wish to inquire about a de facto transfer... in which you quit & are re-hired as an off the street employee, starting over. We have a few drivers who went that route. Or if your wife banks sufficient monies, she can commute via air to work.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You can go into management and if your wife makes more money then you, you then can get a hardship transfer. I believe that's what it's called but I know for fact due to a friend of mine did that exact thing in transferring to Texas from California. It was roughly 5 years ago that he transferred.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am betting this is not going to turn out well for the OP. Unless turning out well, means finding a job with a company other than UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Advice? I would of gathered more info than going on a public forum and asking before I let my wife move across country to work.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I should rephrase---for those of us with all of our teeth who are not unusually close to their opposite-sex siblings there is only one LA.
You're not commenting on somethng far from your neck of the woods....are you ?? You have no context. Besides, that's just insulting to all Louisianans.