Mr. Davis, BRING BACK THE DAMN TURKEYS!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree but not for myself. We have several retirees who either work for or are associated with one of our local American Legion posts. This post puts together baskets of food for those less fortunate and they used to count on those drivers like myself who did not really need or want a turkey to donate theirs to the Legion. When UPS went to the coupons we used to donate these but it just meant more work for the Legion as they would have to go and get the turkeys rather than having them brought to them.

We all make a good living and can buy our own turkeys. I would much rather see the money spent on the turkeys donated to a local charity.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
not a huge fan of turkey, but if i was in the habit of getting beer every year and they stopped,,, game on!

705red

Browncafe Steward
United Way contributions were up again this year - new record.

Not as much as Mr. Davis stock bonus is up! remember the stock that we the employees used to get at a discount??? Its all being given to him instead. Im glad hes happy because he can deliver the tens of thousands of routes send out daily, plus the tens of thousands of trailers and trucks that get loaded daily.

Someone needs to tell him that a happy workforce doesnt mean the top brass of the company!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not as much as Mr. Davis stock bonus is up! remember the stock that we the employees used to get at a discount??? Its all being given to him instead. Im glad hes happy because he can deliver the tens of thousands of routes send out daily, plus the tens of thousands of trailers and trucks that get loaded daily.

Someone needs to tell him that a happy workforce doesnt mean the top brass of the company!

I bet he is one happy camper, especially since he will be retiring as soon as the next contract is signed.

Of course he will not be able to join the clubs that the other Corporations' CEOs join but he'll do alright.

hypocrisy

Banned
United Way contributions were up again this year - new record.

They sure were! 100% participation in my Department!

Of course, I wrote all over mine that I was refusing to give and refused to allow any contributions to be made in my name as I do every year. None of my friends in the department contributed either.

Just more of the same UPS integrity that I've come to know and love.

Screw the turkeys, bring back the gold piece.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I know, 9.5. IF they would just take their lunch today, they could afford to buy one. But no, they choose to gripe.

I usually buy at least 10-15 whole birds, and 5-10 breasts each year. I guess I need to raise my own.

BTW, the cost of shipping/distribution, shrinkage, and the loss due to spoilage made the actual birds too $$. That is why the coupons. THen when all the wonderful drivers griped, they just said forgeabouit

d