Mr. Hoffa. Get Off Your Ass Right Now

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The time to act is now Mr. Hoffa. You have a highly motivated majority of FedEx Express employees who have seen the dark side of Frederick W. Smith. We call your offices, and we get nothing but the runaround. Your reps won't talk to us and they won't provide literature we can use to inform and rally the uninformed.

You say you want to grow the Teamsters in a time when belonging to a union has become a "crime" and membership has dropped to the lowest levels since 1932. Perhaps you need to dust-off your history book and see that 1932 was the time when oppressed workers took the power back from their corporate plantation masters. Maybe you need to remember your Dad, and that he didn't take crap from anyone, especially a preppy rich Southern brat who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth and has a nasty penchant for using his money to get his way.

Fred S is the antithesis of what America should be. He buys and sells politicians like apples at the grocery store, and then has them do his bidding while honest, hard-working FedEx employees have their careers stripped-away so he can make even more money. We've lost our pension and profit-sharing and watched our healthcare costs shoot through the ceiling just because Mr. Smith wines and dines the right people aboard his corporate jets. He is killing the middle-class, which was largely created through the unions. You should probably know that.

If you want a strong IBT, now is the time to actually do something about it. If you and the IBT continue to stand-by and do nothing, eventually Smith is going to take down UPS. He already has his sites on the Post Office, and he's got the GOP working for him in Congress to bring them down too.

Soon, he'll be too powerful to fight. That means doing something now instead of just talking about it.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

I don't think the IBT is going to get a better chance then now to organize FedEx. I know they are still working on the RLA legislation, but they need to be working on the drivers as well.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's a perfect time for the IBT to make a move on Fedex.
Besides everyone hating management right now, you have contract negotiations with UPS.
It would play very well with the public to see thousands of Fedex workers standing next to UPS'ers, highlighting all we have had taken away while making record profits..

MAKAVELI

Besides everyone hating management right now, you have contract negotiations with UPS.
It would play very well with the public to see thousands of Fedex workers standing next to UPS'ers, highlighting all we have had taken away while making record profits..

Could you imagine the look on Fred's face if we were picketing with UPS. It would be priceless.

STFXG

What makes you guys think your actions won't lead towards express volume being diverted sooner? Talk of unionizing would just push volume to ground quicker and you'd lose more jobs.

MAKAVELI

What makes you guys think your actions won't lead towards express volume being diverted sooner? Talk of unionizing would just push volume to ground quicker and you'd lose more jobs.

Who gives a friend* at this point? You can't live in fear your whole life. Time to take a stand.

bbsam

Staff member
^^^^^very smart

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think the IBT is going to get a better chance then now to organize FedEx. I know they are still working on the RLA legislation, but they need to be working on the drivers as well.

I don't think that legislation is being worked on. I think that boat sailed about 18 months ago.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm a little surprised. Why this time? Why is this the unforgivable sin? Good for you guys though. Why not now is just as good a question.

MAKAVELI

You ground guys are quickly becoming outnumbered. And it's only gonna get worse. Keep the anti union crap going, it's actually having the opposite effect. Thanks again for your support.

bbsam

Staff member
You ground guys are quickly becoming outnumbered. And it's only gonna get worse. Keep the anti union crap going, it's actually having the opposite effect. Thanks again for your support.

you are on a long streak of being wrong. I have been advocating for this kind of action from Express for years around here. Good to finally see ittake shape.

MAKAVELI

you are on a long streak of being wrong. I have been advocating for this kind of action from Express for years around here. Good to finally see ittake shape.

Well I guess your reverse psychology is working. Thanks again.

packageguy

The time to act is now Mr. Hoffa. You have a highly motivated majority of FedEx Express employees who have seen the dark side of Frederick W. Smith. We call your offices, and we get nothing but the runaround. Your reps won't talk to us and they won't provide literature we can use to inform and rally the uninformed.

You say you want to grow the Teamsters in a time when belonging to a union has become a "crime" and membership has dropped to the lowest levels since 1932. Perhaps you need to dust-off your history book and see that 1932 was the time when oppressed workers took the power back from their corporate plantation masters. Maybe you need to remember your Dad, and that he didn't take crap from anyone, especially a preppy rich Southern brat who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth and has a nasty penchant for using his money to get his way.

Fred S is the antithesis of what America should be. He buys and sells politicians like apples at the grocery store, and then has them do his bidding while honest, hard-working FedEx employees have their careers stripped-away so he can make even more money. We've lost our pension and profit-sharing and watched our healthcare costs shoot through the ceiling just because Mr. Smith wines and dines the right people aboard his corporate jets. He is killing the middle-class, which was largely created through the unions. You should probably know that.

If you want a strong IBT, now is the time to actually do something about it. If you and the IBT continue to stand-by and do nothing, eventually Smith is going to take down UPS. He already has his sites on the Post Office, and he's got the GOP working for him in Congress to bring them down too.

Soon, he'll be too powerful to fight. That means doing something now instead of just talking about it.

All I am going to say is 17 guys come forward and say we must unionize, but a couple of years ago you guys singing a different tune. Saying no union, we like the bonus instead. Again just saying.........