Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I hate being beat over the head with it also but for pete`s sake give the guy a little respect,ok?

jesus-thumb.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hate being beat over the head with it also but for pete`s sake give the guy a little respect,ok?

jesus-thumb.gif

Someone with a sense of humor...bravo. Now, what if I said, Allah saves, or Krishna saves, or whatever? The Christians wouldn't like it, the Muslims would want to get even, and the Krishnas would try and sell you a magic brownie.

The mods wouldn't allow my other post, which "quoted" Allah and mimicked the biblical passage at the bottom of jesus_saves posting. Why not? Because there is a double standard when it comes to Christianity. Perhaps it is the dominant religion in the US, but aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity for all religions?

My whole point was "why do born-agains have to wear it on their sleeve?", and if other religions try to do the same thing...it isn't OK. What if I went around signing every post on the BC with something to the effect that "Allah loves you" and quoted a passage from the Koran? I guarantee that a bunch of folks wouldn't like it and would say so.

The answer is "hypocrisy". I'm sorry if I hijacked the original thread, but I can't stand being "saved" or "blessed" when I don't want to be. Believe however you wish, but don't try to peddle your product where it doesn't belong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I'm sorry if I hijacked the original thread, but I can't stand being "saved" or "blessed" when I don't want to be. Believe however you wish, but don't try to peddle your product where it doesn't belong."

I don't want to throw you into shock, but there are religions out there baptizing your ass as I'm typing, without you knowing it. Welcome to the fold !! Bless you !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here is another take on religion courtesy of Animal House:

Otter: Let me give you a hint. She's got a couple of major-league yabbos.
Boon: Beverly!
Otter: No. But you're getting warmer. Here's another: "Oh God, Oh God, OH GOD!"
Boon: Marlene! Don't tell me you're gonna pork Marlene Desmond!
Otter: Pork?
Boon: You're gonna hump her brains out, aren't you?
Otter: Boon, I anticipate a deeply religious experience.

klein

Für Meno :)
I think this entire thread should be shredded.

I can't make fun out of any religion, esspecially not Jesus.
You never know, when and actually to whom you pray.

But, almost everyone in thier lifetime will pray.

And, making fun out of it, just ain't right.
Because, one day, you might just need some prayers answered....

And, those will go unanswered for the disrepected.

over9five

Staff member
I think this entire thread should be shredded.

I can't make fun out of any religion, esspecially not Jesus.
You never know, when and actually to whom you pray.

But, almost everyone in thier lifetime will pray.

And, making fun out of it, just ain't right.
Because, one day, you might just need some prayers answered....

And, those will go unanswered for the disrepected.

Add to that Canadian religions are much better than those of the US.

lol!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The point of this thread is not to make fun of Jesus or Allah or Buddah or any of the countless gods that people worship. The point is that MFE decided that it was his duty to play religious monitor here on Brown Cafe so we gave him the thread on which to do so.

He has yet to respond.

(I thought my Animal House reference was pretty funny myself.)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The point of this thread is not to make fun of Jesus or Allah or Buddah or any of the countless gods that people worship. The point is that MFE decided that it was his duty to play religious monitor here on Brown Cafe so we gave him the thread on which to do so.

He has yet to respond.

(I thought my Animal House reference was pretty funny myself.)
check post #10 :wink2:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Someone with a sense of humor...bravo. Now, what if I said, Allah saves, or Krishna saves, or whatever? The Christians wouldn't like it, the Muslims would want to get even, and the Krishnas would try and sell you a magic brownie.

The mods wouldn't allow my other post, which "quoted" Allah and mimicked the biblical passage at the bottom of
jesus_saves posting.

Why not? Because there is a double standard when it comes to Christianity. Perhaps it is the dominant religion in the US, but aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity for all religions?

My whole point was "why do born-agains have to wear it on their sleeve?", and if other religions try to do the same thing...it isn't OK. What if I went around signing every post on the BC with something to the effect that "Allah loves you" and quoted a passage from the Koran? I guarantee that a bunch of folks wouldn't like it and would say so.

The answer is "hypocrisy". I'm sorry if I hijacked the original thread, but I can't stand being "saved" or "blessed" when I don't want to be. Believe however you wish, but don't try to peddle your product where it doesn't belong.

1st Red Reply: Oh Sh**, is Jesus reading these Posts????

2nd Red Reply: What are you friend*ing Nuts? Why would you jump to this extreme? Why would this be "normal" under typical, English conversation as we all have experienced it"??????
Why do you think anyone would appreciate a religious (or political or gun control, or etc...) insert into a "regular" conversation???