MT111 on working Christmas

fedupforsure

Did you all catch frontline and MT111s reference to working on Christmas?? Am so glad that I am retiring on Dec 1st after 30+ years of this crap. I think we all work to live, not live to work. Good luck to you all..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Did you all catch frontline and MT111s reference to working on Christmas?? Am so glad that I am retiring on Dec 1st after 30+ years of this crap. I think we all work to live, not live to work. Good luck to you all..

Yes. We were also told that we're working Sunday, Dec 21st. I wish I was you! Lucky. Good luck in your retirement.

dezguy

Won't happen. Other than non Catholics or Christians, who don't celebrate Christmas, I can't see anyone actually standing for this. If they tell me I'm working on Christmas, I'll be telling them they can expect to not see me.

MAKAVELI

Surprisingly every year we have volunteers for Christmas Day. My family would kill me if I even thought of working that day.

bbsam

Staff member
We had an ammendment to our agreements for increased pay. What they tucked in and didn't mention was the working Sunday bit. Station management insisted it won't happen because we'll be out of hours. FedEx never hands out money without a way of getting it back in productivity. I declined the ammendment. Don't really trust them on this.

soc151

Right? They would just say (sorry, SUGGEST) you would need to find a part-time driver to fulfill your agreement. Good call on passing.

I heard recently that fedex wants to do away with hiring Temps. Said that it costs them about $50 million a year, and they would "rather give the money to the contractors." Really? Figure there are what, 10,000 or so contractors? Something tells me 5k a year isn't going to cut it.

We had an ammendment to our agreements for increased pay. What they tucked in and didn't mention was the working Sunday bit. Station management insisted it won't happen because we'll be out of hours. FedEx never hands out money without a way of getting it back in productivity. I declined the ammendment. Don't really trust them on this.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, you're learning.

Nolimitz

I will not be working on Sun the 21st. or any Sunday for that matter. Christmas Day what a joke, but we always get volunteers.... Have started taking mental health days w/ sick time.

It will be fine

No driver would have hours on Sunday. You need a 36 hr reset every 7 days. Even if you're not driving, you'll be on duty 6 days before Sunday. You could only drive Sunday if you took a different day off earlier in the week.

MAKAVELI

No driver would have hours on Sunday. You need a 36 hr reset every 7 days. Even if you're not driving, you'll be on duty 6 days before Sunday. You could only drive Sunday if you took a different day off earlier in the week.
I'm guessing this is is a big reason to convert drivers to non dot status.