multi level apartment complexes

yeldarb

After the space for the apartment number in the diad, there is a space for the "floor". I have been told by some that there is more an allowance for 2,3 and 4th floors. I doubt it, but does anyone know for sure?

BrownArmy

Not sure, but my experience is if you start pouring the gas from the 3rd or 4th floor down, the building burns much better.

BrownArmy

J/K...

I'm not sure if there are any special allowances one way or another if you add the floor #...people have opinions, like...(you've heard the joke).

When I'm in an elevator taking a long trip down, I often add these details in, like floor#, room#, consignee name (don't care about having to hit 'override').

At the end of the day, you'll get paid the same.

(but if your in an elevator, or have a long walk, do what I do, fill in every possible information field...)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What does it hurt to add it regardless if it adds time or not?

Because whether you intend to or not, you are buying into the validity of a "time allowance" that was specifically designed by the company to create a production standard that you can only meet by working off of the clock.

Whether or not there is a better "allowance" for specific floors should be irrelevant. Your job is to deliver the packages and accurately record the data. If management does not like the make-believe production numbers that are generated, they can adjust the time study accordingly. Or not. You get paid the same either way.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
After the space for the apartment number in the diad, there is a space for the "floor". I have been told by some that there is more an allowance for 2,3 and 4th floors. I doubt it, but does anyone know for sure?

Its the same allowance you get when you deliver a 69lb PB Teen bedroom set on the fourth floor for the third time only to be told by an OMS to go back as the customer needs it because they are going out of town in 30 mins.

Your wage X minutes = what you get.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes, it means floor. Don't really care what the allowance is but when delivering multi - floor businesses it usually a good idea to use it.

BlackCat

Well I have not been told to stop using it so you can rest assured you are not getting any time allowance for it.

RoBo

UPS robot no more
Well, I remember someone a while back getting warned by management for putting in flr 100 a bunch of times. It did bump his dispatch. I guess it allows for high rise building elevator waits as well as stair climbs. A supervisor did tell me there is an allowance there.

Sure, people say who cares about allowances, but if everyone used allowances CORRECTLY then maybe they wouldn't be hounded for running late?

Things like 2 minutes for every left at have been told to me by management, and 9 minutes for every oca we get with an extra 3 minutes for every package over the first.

I'm a 23 year driver, that used to be a rabbit till last year, then I had to say enough is enough and now see the 9.5 lights :)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well, I remember someone a while back getting warned by management for putting in flr 100 a bunch of times. It did bump his dispatch. I guess it allows for high rise building elevator waits as well as stair climbs. A supervisor did tell me there is an allowance there.

Sure, people say who cares about allowances, but if everyone used allowances CORRECTLY then maybe they wouldn't be hounded for running late?

Things like 2 minutes for every left at have been told to me by management, and 9 minutes for every oca we get with an extra 3 minutes for every package over the first.

I'm a 23 year driver, that used to be a rabbit till last year, then I had to say enough is enough and now see the 9.5 lights :)

If everyone used "allowances" correctly, then the company would simply change those allowances to make sure you were still running late.

The purpose of the "allowance" was to create a standard that can only be met by working off of the clock. It was never intended to reflect reality in the first place. Managements job is to hound you, regardless of how fast you actually work.