Multiple COD. One check

BUCN85

Today at a stop I scanned my 2 cod pkgs and then the lady told me she had only 1 check left. So she wrote out the cod with the total in 1 check going to same sender. When I did my turn in I ended up to turn in 1 check but my Diad obviously shows 2. How the hell do you combine them? Is there a way? I've never had to do this before and couldn't figure out if there's a way to combine them. Thanks.

Today at a stop I scanned my 2 cod pkgs and then the lady told me she had only 1 check left. So she wrote out the cod with the total in 1 check going to same sender. When I did my turn in I ended up to turn in 1 check but my Diad obviously shows 2. How the hell do you combine them? Is there a way? I've never had to do this before and couldn't figure out if there's a way to combine them. Thanks.
Big arrow down type in the total of the check,should equal zero do.

Must have the same shipper number.

BUCN85

Hm. Interesting don't believe o was ever showed or told about this. Learn something new everyday....is it a big deal that I turned in and signed for 1 check with the total of the 2

Grey

I asked a veteran driver about this and he said all that matters is the check equaling the combined total even if you're completing the stop "with discrepancies".

clean hairy

Say you have 2 cod's, one for 500, and a 2nd for 600, with one check for 1,100.
On the diad 4, scan the first and enter 500 for the amount, and for the amount of the check enter 1,100.
It will show the amount collected is not equal to the amount of the cod and asks continue?.
Press y for yes, scan the 2nd, enter the amount of the cod 600.00
It will then let you finish closing out the stop.
The diad 5 may be different.

On the diad 4, scan the first and enter 500 for the amount, and for the amount of the check enter 1,100.
It will show the amount collected is not equal to the amount of the cod and asks continue?.
No Diad V yet?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That's kind of backwards. Use it as a calculator. Put in the first amount, then the second amount, it will show the total to be collected for all packages with that same shipper number.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
COD's are ridiculous in this day and age. They belong in the past.

Besides I'm not really convinced there's much profit in them, especially with deadbeat residentials that order stuff on a whim and can't afford to pay for them.

Too many reattempts involved too many times.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the checks don't match exactly what is recorded in your DIAD the bank charges UPS a fee to reconcile the discrepancy. Even more importantly, if accounting loses a check and its not the same as what your DIAD says you turned in then UPS might claim you owe for the COD since the records never showed you turning in that check. So you should always take the little bit of extra time to make sure all of your checks are correctly recorded in the DIAD.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Checks are made out to the shipper's name on the package, unless the COD is an international that needs a Customs Brokerage Fee. On multiple CODs from the same shipper, there is "Multiple" option to add the amounts together into one check.