Multiple direct deposit accounts

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can I add a second direct deposit account? I've been asking around and no one really knows

I went to upsers to make sure before I answered. You can only add or edit one primary direct deposit account online. You can ask your supervisor but I don't think you can have more than one direct deposit account. What you can do is set up a withdrawal from your paycheck to the second account or simply transfer the money yourself online between accounts.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I direct deposit to 3 separate checking accounts. You'll need to get a form from HR to add more accounts; only one can be done online. As long as you know the routing number to your bank you'll havr no problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I direct deposit to 3 separate accounts. You'll need to get a form from HR to add more accounts; only one can be done online. Incidentally, two of my DD accounts are savings accounts. As long as you know the routing number to your bank you'll havr no problems.

Thank you for the info. Dave.

mike1646

Thanks for the good info. I asked my sup and he told me he had to email payroll in Texas to find out and that was 3 weeks ago.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Or you could do it like I do and I have my check direct deposit into my own personal account and tehn I have my bank depositing $xxx into our joint checking account in another bank.

mike1646

Free checking account requires direct deposit so transferring between accounts is not an option if I want to keep it free

barnyard

KTM rider
I also deposit into 3 accounts. Be aware that once You have it set up, changing the amounts can be a headache. When I changed the amounts, I ended up getting one live check and it had to be reissued, because I did not catch it and never deposited it.

I like depositing right into savings. I never miss it and at $200 per week, it builds nicely.