Muslim beliefs

rickyb

It will be increasingly difficult to carry out mass protests and civil disobedience. Repression will become steadily more overt and severe. Dissent will be equated with terrorism. We must use the space before it is shut. This is a race against time. The forces of despotism seek to keep us complacent and pacified with the false hope that mechanisms within the system will moderate Trump or remove him through impeachment, or that the looming tyranny will never be actualized. There is an emotional incapacity among any population being herded toward despotism or war to grasp what is happening. The victims cannot believe that the descent into barbarity is real, that the relative security and sanity of the past is about to be obliterated. They fail to see that once rights have become privileges, once any segment of a society is excluded from the law, rights can instantly be revoked for everyone. - chris hedges

moreluck

golden ticket member
HqnhVgT.jpg

rickyb

give me a break, american beliefs were slavery, and modern american government beliefs are controlling resources worldwide and if you resist, we will bomb you and install a dictator and support death squads.

btw, when was america a so called "christian" nation? it never followed the principles of that religion

Last edited:

vantexan

give me a break, american beliefs were slavery, and modern american government beliefs are controlling resources worldwide and if you resist, we will bomb you and install a dictator and support death squads.

btw, when was america a so called "christian" nation? it never followed the principles of that religion
Slavery went on from the dawn of time, not just in America. America certainly made blunders but tell me where dictators are being installed today? Where are these death squads? And you seem incapable of discerning between large groups of people trying to practice Christianity and those who used Christianity to their own ends and practiced anything but Christianity. To turn a blind eye to what is accepted culture in many Muslim nations by saying more or less we're just as bad if not worse does a disservice to hundreds of millions of Muslim women who are treated like chattel. OK for our women to have self determination but we must protect the rights of other group's practices because it's their culture? After all, they aren't Christians, so must be protected from those you despise? Am I close?

rickyb

The Zulus supported the apartheid regime too. But give Mandela credit. He could've turned South Africa into Zimbabwe, but chose reconciliation and forgiveness. A truly great man.
btw he was on the US government terrorist watch list until the 2000s. another example of US government being on the wrong side of history.

vantexan

btw he was on the US government terrorist watch list until the 2000s. another example of US government being on the wrong side of history.
Hold your nose if you must, but the U.S. spent most of the last century competing with the U.S.S.R. for which economic system would reign supreme. That meant constant jockeying and meddling and outright war. A lot of innocent people got caught in the crossfire and yet 100's of millions if not billions are in a better place today because we came out ahead. It wasn't pretty, and it will ever hold us up to scrutiny by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who think they know better. Sitting here in a developing country I know the plusses the U.S. offers. But observing these folks for two weeks I can tell you our culture has lost plenty too. The U.S. was really the only country which could've stood up to the communists, warts and all. And it wouldn't be a better world if we hadn't.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Hold your nose if you must, but the U.S. spent most of the last century competing with the U.S.S.R. for which economic system would reign supreme. That meant constant jockeying and meddling and outright war. A lot of innocent people got caught in the crossfire and yet 100's of millions if not billions are in a better place today because we came out ahead. It wasn't pretty, and it will ever hold us up to scrutiny by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who think they know better. Sitting here in a developing country I know the plusses the U.S. offers. But observing these folks for two weeks I can tell you our culture has lost plenty too. The U.S. was really the only country which could've stood up to the communists, warts and all. And it wouldn't be a better world if we hadn't.
Two weeks lol.

rickyb

Slavery went on from the dawn of time, not just in America. America certainly made blunders but tell me where dictators are being installed today? Where are these death squads? And you seem incapable of discerning between large groups of people trying to practice Christianity and those who used Christianity to their own ends and practiced anything but Christianity. To turn a blind eye to what is accepted culture in many Muslim nations by saying more or less we're just as bad if not worse does a disservice to hundreds of millions of Muslim women who are treated like chattel. OK for our women to have self determination but we must protect the rights of other group's practices because it's their culture? After all, they aren't Christians, so must be protected from those you despise? Am I close?
the US government is worse than the christian terrorists or muslim terrorists of the world. its not exactly a secret that the US government has supported dictators for a long time. go look it up.

going to church and hoping to go to heaven after you die isnt christianity in my books. most people practice religion the wrong way.

vantexan

Grew up in a family of ministers. One of them, my brother, was the Federal prison chaplain who dealt with Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. He went to Joliet, IL to protest McVeigh's execution. He used to read about large church's celebrations of returning soldiers in the paper, would then go protest that celebration. Would stand by side of road outside church with sign that on one side said "Gov't says kill your enemies." Then flip it around to say "Jesus said love your enemies." Used to get screamed at, bird flipped at, etc. A number tried to have him arrested but the cops would always tell them he was within his rights. Went to protest a number of speeches given by prominent Republicans. At a Condoleeza Rice speech Secret Service came up to him and said "Are you Reverend Kilpatrick?" So he was on some lists somewhere. Point is don't think you know how all Christians think and worship. Many are openly proactive. Others quietly go about trying to do good when they can without fanfare. And a lot go through their early years not caring but then have a switch turned on. Or give up in disgust. There's no one size fits all.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Grew up in a family of ministers. One of them, my brother, was the Federal prison chaplain who dealt with Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. He went to Joliet, IL to protest McVeigh's execution. He used to read about large church's celebrations of returning soldiers in the paper, would then go protest that celebration. Would stand by side of road outside church with sign that on one side said "Gov't says kill your enemies." Then flip it around to say "Jesus said love your enemies." Used to get screamed at, bird flipped at, etc. A number tried to have him arrested but the cops would always tell them he was within his rights. Went to a number of speeches given by prominent Republicans. At a Condoleeza Rice speech Secret Service came up to him and said "Are you Reverend Kilpatrick?" So he was on some lists somewhere. Point is don't think you know how all Christians think and worship. Many are openly proactive. Others quietly go about trying to do good when they can without fanfare. And a lot go through their early years not caring but then have a switch turned on. Or give up in disgust. There's no one size fits all.
Tldr