Must find something wrong

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jaker, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jaker

jaker trolling

we all have a yearly ride along and I just had mine again and was told that they have to find something wrong even if you didn't do it and it just makes me wonder why

I just dont understand the theory behind it , you have a driver doing the job like you want but you still have to criticize it for someone above the sup

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You should know by now, you're either getting better or getting worse, that goes for life in general.

3. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Just give them their day and go back to doing it your way tomorrow.

4. jaker

jaker trolling

Just don't get why they must do it , who thinks this is a good idea and what could be the reason behind it

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Making sure you aren't complacent and job security on their side. If drivers were all doing it right all the time there would be no need for driver sups.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

It's more on the supervisor than the driver.
    If he doesn't put something down, he'll get accused by a higher-up of not paying attention.

The only thing annoying about it is that now they're suppose to be with you longer. I miss the days when the sup would be done in a half hour.

7. Wally

I simply think they feel "if I don't report something, I might get in trouble".

8. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I just start my day getting into the package car without grabbing the handrail.
    Call my stockbroker while driving on the way to first stop.
    At my first stop, I grab the parcel by the straps and leap from the package car, making sure I leave the bulkhead door open and the truck running.
    Forget to yell out "UPS" and my on car writes me up for it.

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

You never knew this before?

Just make your first turn without using your signal, and get it over with.

10. Wally

Runner-Gunners must have nervous breakdowns?

11. walk it off

walk it off Active Member

I found not checking the lug nuts is the fastest way to make them instruct you. You're not on the road and the sup gets to feel smarter than you. If he doesn't say anything accuse him of
    not knowing his job. Another good one is take lunch without notice and he can walk two blocks. Pulling in front of a puddle, ... I could continue but us guys and girls from the 80's
    are retired now and can give hundreds of examples of what we or other drivers entertain themselves during ojs, time study(what's that?), space and vis etc. Not all sups get this special fun but the know it all ones do

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. WorkinLateHuh

WorkinLateHuh Active Member

you have the methods down solid!

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

That's it 100%. I been told this by a sup.

14. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

They dinged me for not storing my snow chains correctly.

15. Wally

Not in the tote on the bottom left shelf?

16. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Shelf? No shelf in my tractor.

17. Wally

Didn't know you guys used chains?

18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

You have 'snow' chains?

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Same as when you take a driving test. There are no perfect drivers so they can't give you a perfect score.

It ain't rocket science. Who cares?

20. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

I always though "don't check mirrors often enough" and "could use the horn more often" and "handrail infractions" should have just been pre-printed with a big check mark on the form. They were going to mark it any way. Oh--and add "needs a haircut".