Must find something wrong

jaker

trolling
we all have a yearly ride along and I just had mine again and was told that they have to find something wrong even if you didn't do it and it just makes me wonder why

I just dont understand the theory behind it , you have a driver doing the job like you want but you still have to criticize it for someone above the sup

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's more on the supervisor than the driver.
If he doesn't put something down, he'll get accused by a higher-up of not paying attention.

The only thing annoying about it is that now they're suppose to be with you longer. I miss the days when the sup would be done in a half hour.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I just start my day getting into the package car without grabbing the handrail.
Call my stockbroker while driving on the way to first stop.
At my first stop, I grab the parcel by the straps and leap from the package car, making sure I leave the bulkhead door open and the truck running.
Forget to yell out "UPS" and my on car writes me up for it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
we all have a yearly ride along and I just had mine again and was told that they have to find something wrong even if you didn't do it and it just makes me wonder why

I just dont understand the theory behind it , you have a driver doing the job like you want but you still have to criticize it for someone above the sup

You never knew this before?

Just make your first turn without using your signal, and get it over with.

walk it off

I found not checking the lug nuts is the fastest way to make them instruct you. You're not on the road and the sup gets to feel smarter than you. If he doesn't say anything accuse him of
not knowing his job. Another good one is take lunch without notice and he can walk two blocks. Pulling in front of a puddle, ... I could continue but us guys and girls from the 80's
are retired now and can give hundreds of examples of what we or other drivers entertain themselves during ojs, time study(what's that?), space and vis etc. Not all sups get this special fun but the know it all ones do

WorknLateHuh

I just start my day getting into the package car without grabbing the handrail.
Call my stockbroker while driving on the way to first stop.
At my first stop, I grab the parcel by the straps and leap from the package car, making sure I leave the bulkhead door open and the truck running.
Forget to yell out "UPS" and my on car writes me up for it.

you have the methods down solid!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Same as when you take a driving test. There are no perfect drivers so they can't give you a perfect score.

It ain't rocket science. Who cares?

rod

Retired 22 years
I always though "don't check mirrors often enough" and "could use the horn more often" and "handrail infractions" should have just been pre-printed with a big check mark on the form. They were going to mark it any way. Oh--and add "needs a haircut".