Mutiny About Bounties

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trump, Russia, and Afghanistan bounties - Boston Globe

The New York Times reported that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants in exchange for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including American troops.
The bounty offer reportedly came around the time that the United States was in negotiations with the Taliban in Afghanistan for a peace agreement that would allow the United States to draw down troops from the country.
Such an offer from the Russian military would amount to a major escalation in the tensions between Russia and the West.

Fake News aka New York Times, reported a Russian military intelligence unit offered bounties for the lives of coalition forces in Afghanistan including Americans.

Here’s what we know about the program, according to reports from the New York Times and The Washington Post:
President Trump said late Sunday night that he had just been briefed by intelligence officials about reports of an alleged Russian plot offering bounties to the Taliban to kill U.S. soldiers and that "intel" told him they did not assess the intelligence to be "credible."
“Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP,” Trump tweeted, adding that it was “possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News [NYT] wanting to make Republicans look bad.”
John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence, denied reports that Trump had been briefed on the alleged bounty plot, saying Saturday, “I have confirmed that neither the President nor the Vice President were ever briefed on any intelligence alleged by the New York Times."

The Russian Foreign Ministry also dismissed the report and a spokesman for the Taliban leadership said on June 27 that the group "strongly rejects" the allegation.

Representative Liz Cheney (Republican-Wyoming) said on June 28 that if the allegations in the newspaper report are true, lawmakers need to know “who did know and when?” The White House must explain why the president and vice president weren’t briefed, Cheney said on Twitter.

The lack of any apparent formal response has provoked a new round of criticism from Trump’s critics.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday told ABC News that “this is as bad as it gets, and yet the president will not confront the Russians on this score.” On Monday, she called on US intelligence officials to brief the House of Representatives on the bounty program.

Former vice president Joe Biden called the lack of action “a betrayal” in a tweet on Sunday. “Donald Trump’s entire presidency has been a gift to Putin, but this is beyond the pale. It’s a betrayal of the most sacred duty we bear as a nation, to protect and equip our troops when we send them into harm’s way,” he tweeted.

Former national security adviser John Bolton, who is currently in the midst of a media blitz to promote his new book, cautioned Sunday that there’s still a lot we don’t know about the intelligence, but chastised the president for denying knowledge of the situation.
“I’ve never recalled a circumstance where the president himself goes out of his way to say he wasn’t briefed on something,” Bolton said on MSNBC.
Chuck Todd asked Bolton, “Do you think that the president is afraid to make Putin mad because maybe Putin did help him win the election — and he doesn’t want to make him mad for 2020?”
Bolton replied: “Honestly, I don’t think there’s evidence for that, and I think it’s a mistake on the one hand to say the Russia collusion theory was true, which some opponents of Trump still can’t let go of.”

"If he was briefed and still wanted Russia back in the G-8, it's even worse," Adam Schifface tweeted.

1593469006252.png

Last edited:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The most salient part of that article: "Bolton said there's still a lot we don't know about the intelligence."

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I will say this though,

Even with all the info not out the political adds with this story are :censored2:ing BRUTAL!

refineryworker05

I keep coming back to this, but the people who voted to elect both GWBush and now trump, have truly hurt this nation with their votes. The same people who were defending GWBush as this great war time president who was protecting America from terrorism even though the biggest terrorist attacked in US history occurred while he was president, and who supported and defended GWBush's war on terror/Iraq war don't even pretend to defend GWBush today. All of that freedom fries nonsense and anti-gay marriage nonsense that they claimed to care so much about..... They don't even discuss or defend today. The same fate awaits trump, no one will claim this man, they'll all say he was blah, blah, blah bad, they'll all try to pretend that their vote didn't inflict this man on the USA, and they'll learn nothing and be on to defending and promoting the next disastrous political leader.

I can't stress enough both trump and GWBush were disasters that really caused the unnecessary deaths of thousands upon thousands of Americans and whose incompetence badly hurt the economy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I keep coming back to this, but the people who voted to elect both GWBush and now trump, have truly hurt this nation with their votes. The same people who were defending GWBush as this great war time president who was protecting America from terrorism even though the biggest terrorist attacked in US history occurred while he was president, and who supported and defended GWBush's war on terror/Iraq war don't even pretend to defend GWBush today. All of that freedom fries nonsense and anti-gay marriage nonsense that they claimed to care so much about..... They don't even discuss or defend today. The same fate awaits trump, no one will claim this man, they'll all say he was blah, blah, blah bad, they'll all try to pretend that their vote didn't inflict this man on the USA, and they'll learn nothing and be on to defending and promoting the next disastrous political leader.

I can't stress enough both trump and GWBush were disasters that really caused the unnecessary deaths of thousands upon thousands of Americans and whose incompetence badly hurt the economy.
Hope you've got some cheese to go with all that whine.

refineryworker05

Hope you've got some cheese to go with all that whine.
It really is sad that trump is president. He has been and continues to be a disaster. Hundreds of thousands of American's dead from his failed response to the pandemic, the economy is dropping, and he has been dogged by Russia corruption his whole presidency and probably soon, his fans will stop pretending to defend him in public, just like they no longer defend GWBush today. The hope is some tiny percentage of them learn something from supporting both GWBush and Trump.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It really is sad that trump is president. He has been and continues to be a disaster. Hundreds of thousands of American's dead from his failed response to the pandemic, the economy is dropping, and he has been dogged by Russia corruption his whole presidency and probably soon, his fans will stop pretending to defend him in public, just like they no longer defend GWBush today. The hope is some tiny percentage of them learn something from supporting both GWBush and Trump.
LMAO, your tears are glorious.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are just making stuff. I didn't mention any dictators or communists in any of my posts. I certainly didn't defend any of them. Carry on.
You repeatedly blamed Bush for 9/11, and didn't mention the scum bag terrorists that are actually responsible once.

You repeatedly blamed Trump for the Chinese Virus, and didn't mention the scum bag communists that are actually responsible once.

You are defending those actually responsible when you repeatedly blame those that aren't.

refineryworker05

You repeatedly blamed Bush for 9/11, and didn't mention the scum bag terrorists that are actually responsible once.

You repeatedly blamed Trump for the Chinese Virus, and didn't mention the scum bag communists that are actually responsible once.

You are defending those actually responsible when you repeatedly blame those that aren't.
This is make believe. Bush was president when Sept 11th occurred, that's all I posted. Trump has failed in his response to the coronavirus and more importantly, trump himself was praising China's and the Chinese president's responses to covid19. So again if trump fans are going to pretend to blame China, then trump has to look like a huge incompetent fool for repeating Chinese propaganda about their handling of covid19 by praising china's handling of covid19.

fishtm2001

This is make believe. Bush was president when Sept 11th occurred, that's all I posted. Trump has failed in his response to the coronavirus and more importantly, trump himself was praising China's and the Chinese president's responses to covid19. So again if trump fans are going to pretend to blame China, then trump has to look like a huge incompetent fool for repeating Chinese propaganda about their handling of covid19 by praising china's handling of covid19.
And as far as 9/11 goes it was very interesting that GW's first action after the attack(once he finished reading "My Pet Goat") was to whisk a large number of Saudi's onto a homeward bound jet. Of course 15 of the 19 hijackers were ....wait for it....Saudis.