My building is falling apart at the seams!

El Correcto

god is dead
We are running near peak volume here on both air and ground and it is the middle of summer in Florida when it should be quite slow.

We are running every available body, vehicle and DIAD that we have.

We are already running 2 AM shuttles to the airport every morning.

We had many drivers coming in tonight past 22:00 due to excessive volume.

We still can not put in enough runs. We have many cars outside on red tag because automotive will not authorize the major repairs needed and the mechanic's hours to fix them.

When will the bean counters in Atlanta figure out that if we cant handle it now that we are DOOMED at peak?
It’s all part of their new work life balance initiative.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I do agree that prior to a few years ago going over sixty or even over 12 were viewed as high treason but now the union is agreeing. Hit your sixty then you’re a jump seater.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Dot audits ups all the time. You don’t need to crash to get caught. Ups will have no prob paying the fine. Do you have a grand sitting around to pay the dot?

That’s what is being said here too....it’s behind the wheel hours.
You might be able to handle that sometimes but eventually it will catch up with you.

I worked over 67 hours one week when the had the 70 hour rule.

I'll never do it again.
I had no problem working I just had a hard time staying focused

upschuck

You need your 34 hour reset it just doesn't have to be two overnights anymore
upload_2019-8-17_15-6-33.png

That just restarts your hours, and start back at 0. It is not necessary but you need to keep track when hours fall off. You can work 30 days in a row, as long as you don't go 8.5 hrs/day.

PT Car Washer

That's not a violation
You might be able to handle that sometimes but eventually it will catch up with you.

I worked over 67 hours one week when the had the 70 hour rule.

I'll never do it again.
I had no problem working I just had a hard time staying focused
Right and my manager made sure that I understood that I could not driver off property after 60 hours.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Regardless of its legality.....it’s unsustainable.

The peak that we implemented the 70hr was the least productive peak of my career.

We were here physically but certainly not mentally.

over9five

Staff member
Ya, you don't need a 34 hr reset. After Thanksgiving, I don't get a reset in till New Years.
You DO need the 10 hours off between shifts, tho.