my city is growing via UPS

squirting is 10% pee

working to pay the US Govt 400m in backtaxes
just read W. Atlanta is hiring thousands of PT workers in the next few months at their new hub supposedly at 13/hr. I wonder after they're hired will they convert them to 22.4 or will they just keep the 2000+ as PTers against the talks of upgrading pt to ft

upschuck

They got to bid those jobs first, but in order for them to do that, the contract must pass. They can't just reassign PT into FT jobs that they want them to be in.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
just read W. Atlanta is hiring thousands of PT workers in the next few months at their new hub supposedly at 13/hr. I wonder after they're hired will they convert them to 22.4 or will they just keep the 2000+ as PTers against the talks of upgrading pt to ft
West Atlanta is trash. There’s a reason why they are having trouble hiring people. Pay people less than they can make sitting on their ass watching 5 babies while their boo goes out to sling crack.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
West Atlanta is trash. There’s a reason why they are having trouble hiring people. Pay people less than they can make sitting on their ass watching 5 babies while their boo goes out to sling crack.
Don't talk that way about the future of our company.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That’s if you have a car, it’s got it’s own MARTA stop ( bus line) for a reason. That whole area needs to be bulldozed.

Is that area worse than Forrest Park? I've been past the new building and didn't think it looked too bad.

From driving into all the Atlanta buildings i would have thought Forrest Park would be the worst unless you count the railyard...seen some strange things driving past that stripclub by the railyard..

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
this is from an article i saw on WSB's site. says it all:
Among those recently hired are Danette Cliett, who was homeless last year and now lives at the City of Refuge, a nonprofit group that provides employment training with a campus on the westside.

“It’s just sometimes difficult connecting with the right employer,” Cliett said. But she was hired on the spot at the UPS job fair for part-time supervisors. “It was really exciting.” She said the part-time job supervising 10 to 15 workers will enable her to pursue a degree.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The new Honey Creek Hub is a SMART Hub which means it has a lot of automated sorting equipment. The floor is 1.3 million square feet, which makes it the third largest in the country after World Port and Cach. The first Atlanta Hub where I started is down Fulton Industrial Blvd. a couple of miles, last I heard that will remain open. Latest rumor I have heard is that Forest Park Hub will send East Point, College Park, and Atlanta 30349 routes over that way. These rumors change all the time, I have been asked if I am going to move there. I'm so close to retirement I can't see learning a new route in what are high crime areas. The new building is built next to a general aviation airport, the runways are too short to handle UPS cargo aircraft. They are building all kinds of warehouses around it. That area has always been a poor area, it was a textile mill town when my parents grew up near there. My grandfather ran a successful coal and ice business during the Great Depression/WW2 Era, I am very familiar with it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The new Honey Creek Hub is a SMART Hub which means it has a lot of automated sorting equipment. The floor is 1.3 million square feet, which makes it the third largest in the country after World Port and Cach. The first Atlanta Hub where I started is down Fulton Industrial Blvd. a couple of miles, last I heard that will remain open. Latest rumor I have heard is that Forest Park Hub will send East Point, College Park, and Atlanta 30349 routes over that way. These rumors change all the time, I have been asked if I am going to move there. I'm so close to retirement I can't see learning a new route in what are high crime areas. The new building is built next to a general aviation airport, the runways are too short to handle UPS cargo aircraft. They are building all kinds of warehouses around it. That area has always been a poor area, it was a textile mill town when my parents grew up near there. My grandfather ran a successful coal and ice business during the Great Depression/WW2 Era, I am very familiar with it.
Coal and ice business??? Interesting...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
1BE63076-5CE7-44C0-8CE7-569EB682E7D3.jpeg
Coal and ice business??? Interesting...

People used to keep their food cold with blocks of ice and have coal furnaces in the Winter before electricity. My mom’s family used oil lanterns for light before WW2.
My dad’s side did well.

ixtab

Jason I would totally stay with the Monday Night Football gig...jason-witten-cowboys-catches.jpg