My Driver Supervisor loves the 22.4 worker.

Hroller

Talked with my supe today....
He loves the fact that he can direct this new classification of employee in any direction he desires.....wash trucks....load trucks.....deliver air.....unload semis.....deliver packages....work Saturday.....clean windshields.....sweep floors.....work Sunday.....
sort packages.....pick up letter boxes.....
Guaranteed 40 hours? We're gonna work this C-sucker.....60+ hours! What's not to like?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Why wouldn't he love the 22.4's. Gotta figure another contract or two down the road, they will prolly get the 22.4 pay rate down to what?? maybe $13 or $14 an hour. The way this sheet contract is heading why wouldn't management be happy?

Talked with my supe today....
He loves the fact that he can direct this new classification of employee in any direction he desires.....wash trucks....load trucks.....deliver air.....unload semis.....deliver packages....work Saturday.....clean windshields.....sweep floors.....work Sunday.....
sort packages.....pick up letter boxes.....
Guaranteed 40 hours? We're gonna work this C-sucker.....60+ hours! What's not to like?
Maybe in some one belt center out in the middle of Nebraska. In my building the Porters and Car Washers would grieve anyone outside the classification doing their work. Only way a FT can bump a PT is if they have more company seniority. Looks like the Hubs are going to have some new loaders.

Time for change

Since 22.4 has 8 hour guarantee and some days there may not be driving work for them, are they really going to give that many porter hours? What will they have them do if they work in a center without back to back part time shifts? If you’re a part timer make sure you check in your local if you work the sorts first based on company seniority or ft over pt no matter what. Here it is company seniority but there will be a lot of upset people with this 22.4 garbage.

Time for change

Going to be scheduling nightmare, DT and JH and company might love this but rank and file hate it and I bet sups will hate it after doing scheduling for awhile, it’s not like they write the checks. There are some who are really shooting themselves in the foot voting for this contract just because of a bump to $13.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There will always be driver work for the 22.4
Yep, and they are banking on RPCD's being willing to take a dive during these lean times.

Reread the IBT sales pitch, "more time off for regular drivers.

Make no mistake, the Company will hire and fully utilize the 25% permitted, realizing a $16+ an hour straight time profit, and will exploit the flexible scheduling option to greatly reduce OT for all RPCD's as well at an even bigger savings, whether they are on the 9.5 List or not.

This is a huge concession and I challenge anybody to try to convince us that it isn't.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Going to be scheduling nightmare, DT and JH and company might love this but rank and file hate it and I bet sups will hate it after doing scheduling for awhile, it’s not like they write the checks. There are some who are really shooting themselves in the foot voting for this contract just because of a bump to $13.
Why will the company need us to put in an 8 hour request a week early now, or 2 weeks for an optional to be locked in??? We have these “johnny in the spot” drivers no to cover everything last minute....

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Why wouldn't he love the 22.4's. Gotta figure another contract or two down the road, they will prolly get the 22.4 pay rate down to what?? maybe $13 or $14 an hour. The way this sheet contract is heading why wouldn't management be happy?
Cool avatar!

33455.jpg