My First Day Loading

Capnfapn

Pessimistically Optimistic.
My first day at my hub was on Friday…Everything at that job is disorganized and there is almost no communication, however I think it’s a cool job. But all I have to say is, to whoever will be unloading trailer 108, I am so…so…so very sorry for the mess you will stumble upon. Forgive me.

bumped

My first day at my hub was on Friday…Everything at that job is disorganized and there is almost no communication, however I think it’s a cool job. But all I have to say is, to whoever will be unloading trailer 108, I am so…so…so very sorry for the mess you will stumble upon. Forgive me.
Welcome to UPS. Don't expect it to get any better.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
So you load trailers? Put headphones on, zone out, play Tetris , throw bags/light stuff on top . Done ✅ easy $$. If you stay here long enough you will learn that less communication is better.

Box Ox

It’s your supervisor’s fault if they let you build a :censored2: load on your first day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's pretty simple just stack packages like books flat along one straight line and continue halfway up carefully chuck light stuff and bags over the top.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome. And ha, I almost like the chaos!!
Chaos is a good description of any job at UPS. Being short-staffed, poor management decisions, bad communications, ridiculous goals, and broken equipment is the norm. Your body will be sore for the first few weeks but you will get used to it. Hydrate yourself well and don't expect compliments on busting your tail. Work safe and take care of yourself, you can only do so much. My first job was loading trailers on the Midnight Sort. By the time I retired as a driver, my paychecks added up to $2.4M. I have no idea what my insurance and pension benefits added up to over the years.

Off the leash

Chaos is a good description of any job at UPS. Being short-staffed, poor management decisions, bad communications, ridiculous goals, and broken equipment is the norm. Your body will be sore for the first few weeks but you will get used to it. Hydrate yourself well and don't expect compliments on busting your tail. Work safe and take care of yourself, you can only do so much. My first job was loading trailers on the Midnight Sort. By the time I retired as a driver, my paychecks added up to $2.4M. I have no idea what my insurance and pension benefits added up to over the years.
No compliments on a good job only complaining about what you do wrong, that’s the Ups way