My first day of 30 day driving probation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep, Original Poster, come Oct 15, you stop accumulating days towards your 30 day "book"(seniority) . It remains that way all the way through jan 10(new contract , used to be Dec 30). You have a long audition period ahead. For all intents and purposes, you are a casual package car driver.
Depends on your local. Here it's november 1 thru January 15.

Yes the op is essentially a seasonal driver.

Indecisi0n

Well, what an interesting day. First off, I want to apologize to all the drivers I misloaded packages on to their trucks! What a pain in the ass.

It was 90+ degrees out on my first day, boy was I sweating bullets, it felt good though, especially at the end of the day. And it was only an 9 hour day for me. Right now the only plan I got is adapt or die. Guess I didn't realize how out of shape I am in.

The good news is my supervisor is really cool and knowledgeable. I know it was an easy day too and the load will increase, but not much more, hopefully. At least not till day 31. Ha ha.
"My sup is really cool" : Yea until he fires you for doing what he taught you.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
Well, I survived day 2... barely. It was at least 96 out today, I was fine till my pick ups came and I had a :censored2: load of heavy :censored2: and was literately getting goose bumps from the heat. We had 92 stops and normally the route has about 110. Mind the 5 misroutes we had to deliver when we met up with the shuttle. I chugged 3 big bottles of water today and that wasn't enough, tomorrow a gallon should work, in case I need to dump some on my head. lol

Seriously thinking of transferring to Alaska after my 30 days, I like this job but I'm finding out my body does not like heat, I prefer coldddddd. And I'm half way kidding about that :biggrin:

I also have a question about how the training is suppose to work, I though the first week you go out with a sup (5 working days) but they tell me I got 3 days and Monday I go out myself. I also heard that the route my doing isn't technically a training route. Would seem like a good "ace in the hold" to have if I did fail it, I'm good standings with my BA as I've gone to a bunch of union meetings before and a active member in union activities.

PS. I started as a loader, then unloader then sorter and my final position was spa'ing smalls.

CHALLY9TX

Normally you ride with a sup for only 3 days. Sounds like they're not training you properly...

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The OP is a loader, which you would have known had you bothered to read his post a bit more closely.
Oh so it's time for you to be a dick to me now..well Mr. Perfect, HAD YOU BOTHERED TO READ THE TITLE...you would have known he is a driver.

As noted below:
"My first day of 30 day driving probation."

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
PS. I started as a loader, then unloader then sorter and my final position was spa'ing smalls.

Thanks for clarifying your current position and previous position for all of us (or at least one of us.) Glad to see you are doing well in your 2nd day!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OP I'll grant you that 96 is warm,,,but not hot !! LOL
If your T shirt sticks to your back at your second stop,we will consider it hot !
when you lean on the shelf and burn your elbows,,,welllll,,,that's hot !!!
Good luck out there kid and don't let the consignees take advantage of you !!
Most importantly, the Sup is NOT your Pal !!
He will play the part to suck you in,but will throw you to the wolves in a heartbeat!
just work hard and honest, you will mess up ,we all have, just be truthful !!

Overpaid Union Thug

Oh so it's time for you to be a dick to me now..well Mr. Perfect, HAD YOU BOTHERED TO READ THE TITLE...you would have known he is a driver.

As noted below:
"My first day of 30 day driving probation."
Awesome! I had a big smile on my face after reading that one. The people in Subway (where I'm eating lunch) were probably wondering what the hell I'm looking at on my phone.

Sent using BrownCafe App

margaritaville

Yep, Original Poster, come Oct 15, you stop accumulating days towards your 30 day "book"(seniority) . It remains that way all the way through jan 10(new contract , used to be Dec 30). You have a long audition period ahead. For all intents and purposes, you are a casual package car driver.
:censored2:kk im on day 26 of mine and i didnt know this. I better not get laid off at all next week or im :censored2:ed.