My friend Brutus

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is Brutus.

I met Brutus for the first time one dark night a couple years ago when his owner was gone and I was about 50 yards away from the truck.

When Brutus found out I had biscuits in my pocket, he decided he wanted to be my best friend!

I remember feeling incredibly lucky and grateful for our friendship. Its good to have friends like Brutus. Its also bad to have enemies like Brutus. Boy, I'd sure rather have friends like Brutus than enemies like Brutus!

I have a brand new supervisor who seems to think there is a rule against giving out dog biscuits. I am very excited to get to know my new supervisor, and hopefully on my first OJS I will have an opportunity to introduce him to Brutus so that the two of them can have a discussion about the biscuit rule. Hopefully, the two of them will also become best friends. Because its always good to have friends like Brutus!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429155391.121940.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429155089.184952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429155089.184952.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

AKCoverMan

I have a brand new supervisor who seems to think there is a rule against giving out dog biscuits.

New supervisor..hmm. I'm getting a vision.. Twenty something, lots of drive and desire to change the world, but with not much more than a clue as to what they are really doing.

Am I close?

AKCoverMan

I have many friends like Brutus on routes I cover. They all know why I'm at their house. And they all know the package I am delivering is merely a happy coincidence.

DOK

Sorry, biscuits not permitted anymore, we got the PCM last week. At ups it's ALL about liability, everything you do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As any seasoned veteran knows, cookies very often buy time for the driver, especially with the type that like to jump.

As a public relations fiasco, I can just see the news stories now- "UPS HATES DOGS"!

oldngray

nowhere special
This is Brutus.

I met Brutus for the first time one dark night a couple years ago when his owner was gone and I was about 50 yards away from the truck.

When Brutus found out I had biscuits in my pocket, he decided he wanted to be my best friend!

I remember feeling incredibly lucky and grateful for our friendship. Its good to have friends like Brutus. Its also bad to have enemies like Brutus. Boy, I'd sure rather have friends like Brutus than enemies like Brutus!

I have a brand new supervisor who seems to think there is a rule against giving out dog biscuits. I am very excited to get to know my new supervisor, and hopefully on my first OJS I will have an opportunity to introduce him to Brutus so that the two of them can have a discussion about the biscuit rule. Hopefully, the two of them will also become best friends. Because its always good to have friends like Brutus!View attachment 35602

That reminds me of a Brutus on my route. A Bullmastiff. Huge slobber factory who would come up to you with his tennis ball to throw for him.

This is Brutus.

I have a brand new supervisor who seems to think there is a rule against giving out dog biscuits. I am very excited to get to know my new supervisor, and hopefully on my first OJS I will have an opportunity to introduce him to Brutus so that the two of them can have a discussion about the biscuit rule. Hopefully, the two of them will also become best friends. Because its always good to have friends like Brutus!View attachment 35602
Brutus looks like good people to me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sorry, biscuits not permitted anymore, we got the PCM last week. At ups it's ALL about liability, everything you do.
I have been known to bend a few rules from time to time.

"No, I wasnt handing out biscuits. I was handing out canine nutritional supplements. You said it was biscuits that werent allowed, I thought you meant the kind that people eat with gravy."