My helper fed goats today...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Oh yes, I had a big lead on the canine. What made it epic is the canine was a pit bull. The driver liked me even more cause I did not get bit.
The pit bulls on my route all chase after me because they want a cookie.

I would not tolerate an aggressive dog on my route that chased me with intention to bite. The first time it happened I would call the owner and inform them that their packages will permanently be going to will call from that point on and the burden would be on them to prove that the dog had either been gotten rid of or properly secured before normal deliveries could resume. I will go to great lengths to make friends with dogs but I wont tolerate being threatened.

soberups

I know that I am able to run approximately 14-16 Mph. But, only for a short 35-40 yard sprint haha.
I can probably run about 8 MPH, downhill, with the wind at my back. But only for a short, 20 foot sprint. I couldn't outrun a glacier, so when it comes to dogs I stand my ground and let the biscuits do the talking for me.

MethodsMan

My helper saw me getting berated by a driver who wasn't happy with my parking decision on an extremely tight road in the inner city.

Bottom rung

The pit bulls on my route all chase after me because they want a cookie.

I would not tolerate an aggressive dog on my route that chased me with intention to bite. The first time it happened I would call the owner and inform them that their packages will permanently be going to will call from that point on and the burden would be on them to prove that the dog had either been gotten rid of or properly secured before normal deliveries could resume. I will go to great lengths to make friends with dogs but I wont tolerate being threatened.
...but fido and spot never bite anyone! It's good to see a backbone, and not someone looking for a settlement check.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
jack hanna.jpg

Re-Raise

You really didn't out run the dog you had a head start and and the distance back to the package car was short enough that the dog couldn't close the gap between you and the him fast enough to catch you before you got in.

Never think you can out run a dog because you can't they will catch given the chance.
I don't have to outrun the dog..just the helper

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My helper saw me getting berated by a driver who wasn't happy with my parking decision on an extremely tight road in the inner city.
When I was a cover guy I used to cover a route that had a really busy residential street a few miles long with no shoulders. During the late afternoon/early evening when people were coming home from a crappy day at work they would get all worked up when I was delivering that stretch of road because they couldn't go around me until there was a break in traffic the opposite direction. Guys would yell all sorts of obscenities out the window while driving past. I went through the three stages: At first I'd give dirty looks, then went through the stage of yelling back and letting it ruin my day. Finally I realized it was best to smile and wave. Made me feel better and pi$$ed the jerks off to no end.

soberups

When I was a cover guy I used to cover a route that had a really busy residential street a few miles long with no shoulders. During the late afternoon/early evening when people were coming home from a crappy day at work they would get all worked up when I was delivering that stretch of road because they couldn't go around me until there was a break in traffic the opposite direction. Guys would yell all sorts of obscenities out the window while driving past. I went through the three stages: At first I'd give dirty looks, then went through the stage of yelling back and letting it ruin my day. Finally I realized it was best to smile and wave. Made me feel better and pi$$ed the jerks off to no end.
I have a road like that with no shoulder where I can either park in the road and walk off the stop or turn on my 4-ways, swing wide into the oncoming lane, and back into the driveway I am delivering to. Either way I am holding traffic up and inevitably some bozo winds up flipping me off/honking/shouting obscenities etc. for having the gall to get in his way. I too have learned to just shrug it off. One time I had a particularly obnoxious road-rager give me the trifecta (horn, finger and friend-bomb) as he went around me on this road; what neither of us knew at that moment was that my next stop was for him. 3 minutes later I pulled into his driveway and recognized him as the guy who had just been a jerk to me; and when he saw me his eyes got wide as he assumed I had showed up on his property to retaliate. I grabbed his package, got out of the truck, and all 275 pounds of me started marching towards him with a very forceful stride. My shoulders were all puffed out, I got a mean look on my face and I stared him right in the eye. I had about 4" and 100 lbs. on him and boy was he scared! I walked up to him.....handed him his package....and then smiled and said "have a nice day, sir" in a soft and gentle tone before turning around and walking back to the truck. As I drove away, I even honked and waved and hollered "thank you!" in a cheerful tone of voice. He waved back with a dumbfounded look on his face. I'm pretty sure he might have peed himself a little. It was beautiful, and a perfect example of how we should always respond to anger and road rage by being the bigger and kinder man.

Last edited: