my husband was given shaft at 30 days

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No it's not whether your 21 or 50 your should be getting the same number of stops on the same route. It's not I'm 50 so I should have less stops.....
So a 50 year old guy who been driving 29 years should be expected to handle the same # of stops everyday as a 25 year old driver who's been doing it for 5 years? That's crap.

purplesky

So a 50 year old guy who been driving 29 years should be expected to handle the same # of stops everyday as a 25 year old driver who's been doing it for 5 years? That's crap.

A 50 year old with 29 years of package car seniority should move into feeders or the car wash.

So he can still walkout the gate on his last day of service.

We have a few guys left with 30 years in package and they don't walk so well. Its kind of sad.

Lets face it. There just aren't many people on the planet that work as hard as a UPS package car driver does on a daily basis? Think of the miles walked and the wear and tear on that drivers body in 30 years.

Its pretty amazing compared to what most people do at work these days? Just staring at Facebook all day and working maybe 2 hours? :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
purplesky said:
A 50 year old with 29 years of package car seniority should move into feeders or the car wash.

So he can still walkout the gate on his last day of service.

We have a few guys left with 30 years in package and they don't walk so well. Its kind of sad.

Lets face it. There just aren't many people on the planet that work as hard as a UPS package car driver does on a daily basis? Think of the miles walked and the wear and tear on that drivers body in 30 years.

Its pretty amazing compared to what most people do at work these days? Just staring at Facebook all day and working maybe 2 hours? :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:
Yup and swivel in their chair in an air-condioned office all day...lol. The wear and tear on the body is exactly my point. A new guy trying to qualify should be expected to do the same amount of work..whether he's 22 or 45. But a driver with a few decades in... age and physical condition should be taken into account. Whether management actually does or not is a whole other story. :halfdead:

purplesky

Yup and swivel in their chair in an air-condioned office all day...lol. The wear and tear on the body is exactly my point. A new guy trying to qualify should be expected to do the same amount of work..whether he's 22 or 45. But a driver with a few decades in... age and physical condition should be taken into account. Whether management actually does or not is a whole other story. :halfdead:

Hopefully the 29 year seniority guy can bid on a better route. Thats usually the case.

ups1990

How old are we talking? UPS Package car is a young mans game.

He could go work for FDX ground? There is a UPS driver on here named Upstate and he has a hard on for FDX ground.
Upstate would be the guy to ask about getting hired at FDX ground. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
Now that I think about it, here in our center it's the older guys and gals who are not making it to their 30 days.
It sure is a young persons job! A lot of us in our 40's tend to stay in relatively good shape and watch our diets during the week. Gotta reach peer 80.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Read your contract. They are supposed to take our age and physical condition in to consideration while dispatching.

The company agrees.... to a lot of things.

And they "consider " everything. :biggrin:

No guts, no glory.

Dues paying members.... have the (positive) benefit.... of the grievance procedure.

The company, knows who you are. Think about it.

-Bug-

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The company agrees.... to a lot of things.

And they "consider " everything. :biggrin:

No guts, no glory.

Dues paying members.... have the (positive) benefit.... of the grievance procedure.

The company, knows who you are. Think about it.

-Bug-
In RTW states, non-dues paying workers do not have the right to grieve?

Within your first 30 working days in this region, you are paying dues and initiation up-front.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

In RTW states, non-dues paying workers do not have the right to grieve?

Within your first 30 working days in this region, you are paying dues and initiation up-front.
In my RTW state non dues paying members can grieve. But my steward said, how hard am I going to fight for you if you give me nothing in return? Although he's a solid dude. If you are in college and doing the job for more than beer money he'll take care of you.

Sent using BrownCafe App