My internship at UPS Public Affairs working on international policy

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
My internship at UPS Public Affairs working on international policy - FIU

How did you get your internship? Through my previous position as an administrative and programs/ communications intern at The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute, I was encouraged to apply for the Martha Flores Scholarship. This scholarship was created by Jose Acosta, former president of UPS Public Affairs Americas Region, to honor his late mother Martha Flores, former Cuban radio host known as ‘La Reina de la Noche.’’ After two rounds of interviews, I was awarded the first recipient of the scholarship and was offered a summer internship with the UPS Public Affairs Office in Washington, D.C.

What are you doing there? My current position consists of writing reports that track the political and economic traction occurring in Latin America as well as analyzing small and medium-sized business (SMBs) growth. In addition, I have conducted a series of comparisons between SMBs in developing and developed countries to track where improvements in shipping and exports can be made.

What projects did you work on? Besides working on a series of LATAM reports for the UPS Public Affairs International team, I have also worked extensively on the UPS Women’s Exporter Program. This program is designed to offer women-owned SMB’s the opportunity to access global markets and tools used to improve consumer and business relations as well as exports progress.