My Manger’s Leaving

MassWineGuy

My manager, the one I’ve had since I started three years ago, is transferring to the * station. He’s very much a company guy, but he shows respect for us and I like him a lot. Of the three remaining mgrs, one seems fairly despicable. The others I can work with. All of them work days so they’ll be rotating in at night until a new pm mgr comes in.

I’m pretty sure things will be ok, but I’m somewhat anxious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My manager, the one I’ve had since I started three years ago, is transferring to the *. He’s very much a company guy, but he shows respect for us and I like him a lot. Of the three remaining mgrs, one seems fairly despicable. The others I can work with. All of them work days so they’ll be rotating in at night until a new pm mgr comes in.

I’m pretty sure things will be ok, but I’m somewhat anxious.
Yep. I'm always nervous about the new manager.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Watch it there, MWG, you're starting to make yourself potentially ID'able. You never know, that one "despicable" manager could be a BC lurker. :wink2:

Swngdrvr

My manager is leaving at the end of this month. My SM also put in for another position and didn't get it, seems like he's checked out. Who knows what I'll end up with at this point.

Star B

White Lightening
There's been some company movement by me also, but the receiving station is getting the better end of the deal and we're losing one hell of a worker.

You'll be missed by us up here dude.

vantexan

I've seen quite a few new mgrs determined to prove they're going to be the best mgr ever. They can be a real pain until they calm down. But you never know. One of the best mgrs I've ever worked for was 25 and a new father. About as level headed as you'll ever meet.

Winefer2

Our AM/PM Managers despise one another - AM is Micro Management by the book - PM doesn't give a hoot - overtime isn't an issue - he sits in his office on Facebook / Twitter until sort is done -.LOL

Serf

I hear ya. My manager, however limited in smarts; makes up for it with busting his back. Offloads, last minuted deliveries, bulk stops. When he retires I will cringe. The other two managers are terrible. I'm fairly certain one is on the spectrum with autism. (Seriously). The other got a 46 on his SFA.