My option day... Right?

Oldbugs

Last Thursday 9/8 I requested 9/18 off (option 3) it's the first day of school here and my kids are young and I want to be there. Full time sup says he'll see? Well I've been on vacation this week 9/10-9/16. So I get a TEXT yesterday 9/15 letting me know my option day for the 18th was denied, to many people taking that day off. Now, I've been with ups for almost 10yrs, 5yrs doing reload and a little over 4 now doing preload. So just to be clear, since when do I need approval for an option day?? My Option days are MY option.. Right?

oldngray

nowhere special
Here you have to request an option day 8 days in advance then management has 24 hours to deny, otherwise it is approved. The procedures do vary widely in different centers though.

T

Turdferguson

What does your regional supplement say in regards to when they have to let you know if you have the option request or not. They can deny if over a certain number have off according to our regional supplement. Call in if they deny.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have received that reply so many times in the past that I don't even ask for optional days off. Just cash that 2 day check every May 1st.

Ever have UPS forget to pay you for your unused days May 1st? It happened to me a couple of times and once they insisted I had taken my option days when I hadn't used any. I made them check and they finally paid me but it was a big hassle. After that I always took all of my days so they wouldn't "forget" again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Last Thursday 9/8 I requested 9/18 off (option 3) it's the first day of school here and my kids are young and I want to be there. Full time sup says he'll see? Well I've been on vacation this week 9/10-9/16. So I get a TEXT yesterday 9/15 letting me know my option day for the 18th was denied, to many people taking that day off. Now, I've been with ups for almost 10yrs, 5yrs doing reload and a little over 4 now doing preload. So just to be clear, since when do I need approval for an option day?? My Option days are MY option.. Right?

Bang in

Problem solved

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here when you request an optional day, you put it in a week before the day you need, and by the end of the next day they have to give you a yes or no, or it's approved.

Either way, if it's that important to you, just call out. You're "sick"

PT Car Washer

Ever have UPS forget to pay you for your unused days May 1st? It happened to me a couple of times and once they insisted I had taken my option days when I hadn't used any. I made them check and they finally paid me but it was a big hassle. After that I always took all of my days so they wouldn't "forget" again.
Nope. Always get that bonus check every May 1st.

Ouch

Nope. Days off are given based on staffing.

Wrong answer. If you chose option 3 then all you have to do is call in before your start time. You will be surprised how many drivers they will have ready to run that day. I've requested days off and been denied only to come in and watch them send drivers home. No request for me. Just call in.

Resident know-it-all.