My Peak Hiring Story - So far - what will happen next

UrFellowUpser

It depends on what hub ur at if i got on at the big time hub 20miles away it probably would have took me YEARS but that center is alot bigger and the one im at is ALOT smaller

UrFellowUpser

Im at a smaller hub in Canada, does that help or hurt my chances of becoming a driver more quickly
Cant tell u it really depends on retirements, senority and some luck really every hub is different. Just put your name on every bid list that comes up. If you get picked h.r will call you

unloady

Im at a smaller hub in Canada, does that help or hurt my chances of becoming a driver more quickly

I work at a smaller hub (10 unload doors, 5 belts) driver wait time here is 5-6 years. Like some else commented here it varies drastically from building to building. Ive been an unloader on preload for 4 years alot of the drivers here dont want to retire. I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. Take the job and plan for long term even if that means you have to slug it out as a part timer for several years. You have a second job so youre already ahead of alot of part time employees. Keep that job until you can drive because youre certainly going to need it.

AndrewK

I work at a smaller hub (10 unload doors, 5 belts) driver wait time here is 5-6 years. Like some else commented here it varies drastically from building to building. Ive been an unloader on preload for 4 years alot of the drivers here dont want to retire. I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. Take the job and plan for long term even if that means you have to slug it out as a part timer for several years. You have a second job so youre already ahead of alot of part time employees. Keep that job until you can drive because youre certainly going to need it.
I know a recent full time driver who is planning on quiting in janurary (i helped him one day during driver helper job), and everyone i have asked so far in the hub has said there always hiring drivers, the turnover rate for newer drivers is too high. Also alot of preloaders do not want a driving job. From what it sounds like, it shouldnt be more then a year to become a driver at this hub, but who knows. The last 2 recent hires for driving have been outside hires.

AndrewK

I just cant see myself taking the preload job and working at 3am everyday while having another job and risking the potential wait time not knowing how long it takes to become a driver. Its too much of a risk imo, plus at one point during the year my second job would want me to work some shifts during the week also. This is why im pushing hard for the twilight shift, as there is no day shift in this hub.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
it shouldnt be more then a year to become a driver at this hub
How would you know rookie? You’ll work whatever shift they say and like it , start making demands and they’ll show you the door...keep quiet and do what they say ..plus you don’t have enough seniority to even use the bathroom.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's all conjecture... every terminal/hub is different

Use this with similar results.

lA9kxhG.gif

U may be right about "dangling the carrot"

That's why they have multiple bodies at this time to pick who will stay after peak season...

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I have more money in my pocket then you have made in your 20 year career of delivering brown parcles. Go fly a kite virgin
all that money from your “ weekend only “ job ? ...thanks for busting your ass all peak so UPS can fire you next week..GOODBYE LITTLE SEASONAL HELPER

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I have more money in my pocket then you have made in your 20 year 'career' of delivering brown parcles. Go fly a kite virgin

I'm sure you do.
Tell me again why you are juggling two part time jobs, and desperately trying to keep a job that makes less than 11 dollars an hour?