My plan is working

sealbasher

Finally after 3 months our DM said all drivers were not allowed to go through there trucks before there start time, or on the boxline,everyone was crying what about misloads,air in load,my day will be longer.Our preload has sucked for years and its about time they became accountable.just an fyi,me and another driver went to the DM s office and i told him to do this cause drivers would listen,well im happy to say NO MORE FREE WORK UPS.I ll bring in some kleenex tomorrow.Happy Day.35 drivers called for help today.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Good job! We are held accountable for the work we do on the road, so should everyone else! Fix the loads, fix the dispatch, put it back on their shoulders. If they do their job the right way, we can do ours with less aggravation!

Ghost in the Darkness

Geez... I rarely punch in even a minute early. I've got punching in on-time down pretty much to a science. I report my misloads and they can come get 'em or I bring 'em in as missed. I work hard and I won't donate time.

sealbasher

hopefully the goal of this campaign is to improve service for our customers....:)

the goal of my campaign is to UPS in canada anyway to be the way it used to be,the way it is now the driver is blamed for everything,well friend-that im going to make a change here and it will be for the better of everyone,i did preload for a year and its not too hard,our stewart is doing nothing,and im telling you i will make a change and people will thank me ,or ill get fired lol

sano

See I struggle with this. While I understand your sentiment I am not sure turning up pressure on the preloaders is the answer (I don't know what is)
I load 4 package cars in 4 hours 1000+ pieces per day. I am doing fine. However, I see the constant struggle to staff our dock. The last 5 new hires we had either got dq'd or quit before their 30 days, actually 4 of them before their 2 weeks.

Bad loads? I hear you, but how do you make good load out of a car that is stacked floor to ceiling from the bulkhead door on back? I do what I can. I leave enough room up front to get the door open and get the cart in and out and I make sure the air is separate, but at the end of the day it is hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I don't know what the answer to the misloads and bad loads are, but I doubt we need more yelling, warning letters and negative contacts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Finally after 3 months our DM said all drivers were not allowed to go through there trucks before there start time, or on the boxline,everyone was crying what about misloads,air in load,my day will be longer.Our preload has sucked for years and its about time they became accountable.just an fyi,me and another driver went to the DM s office and i told him to do this cause drivers would listen,well im happy to say NO MORE FREE WORK UPS.I ll bring in some kleenex tomorrow.Happy Day.35 drivers called for help today.
Damm Seal, you are pretty good. That has made it all the way down here. We had a pcm Tues morning on this. Wed everyone had to sign off on it. We are not allowed to even step foot in the cab before start time. I'm impressed with your pull!:happy-very:

sealbasher

Damm Seal, you are pretty good. That has made it all the way down here. We had a pcm Tues morning on this. Wed everyone had to sign off on it. We are not allowed to even step foot in the cab before start time. I'm impressed with your pull!:happy-very:

you will see i will keep all updated,but im going to make abig change in canada,DS wants me to try for union stewart management will hate that lol

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
you will see i will keep all updated,but im going to make abig change in canada,DS wants me to try for union stewart management will hate that lol
Well if you are going to try for steward, maybe you should learn to spell it right first. It makes you a little more credible. :happy-very: Just giving you a hard time, Seal. Don't get upset.

bluehdmc

Is that why the package that was supposed to be "out for delivery" on Wed was "missed at the UPS facility". Then the Wed package and another "out for delivery" on Thursday are both marked, "A correct street address is needed for delivery. UPS is attempting to obtain this information."
Although I've ordered from both shippers before though, and the tracking # sent to me by the shippers have my correct address.
It does sound like a good excuse to someone who's not familiar with the system.
I'll admit my address is hard to find, it's an apartment complex with a regular street address. This is the first time I've had this happen with UPS, the cover drivers usually don't have a problem.
I have had this problem with fedex ground and home, they'd mark it as "business closed, no one home" when I would be home at the time.

some1else

this a big issue for cover drivers also. our start time is 15-45minutes later than the reg. driver depending on the route covered, so we already are behind. then some drivers have 30+ minutes of off the clock sort time on top of that!
we all know what 45minutes+30min. of sort = in the am!
on top of that i noticed the drivers that do this everyday the pre-load becomes accustomed and ive even heard the sup say "just throw packages for that truck on the floor the driver will load it" i was covering that day, lets just say the center manager had a different opinion than the PT pre-load sup!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That plan could work here, I would of course need gonads to enforce it. They moved me back to 915, squeezing a little more blood out of the turnip. So when I am left with 15 air, when I can only do 10 to 12 depending, all are gone when I start. There is no help for me. People leave air on my seat, that they think I can get to better than them.
Its all good sealbasher. I agree. Its not about the preload, its about people working for free to fix a problem which should be fixed on the clock. And as long as everyone busts their butts, cheats, deviates from rules, it will all be overlooked and never fixed. But it will bite you in the arse when you least expect.
They have every technological device available to help them fire us, how about we hold them to do what they get paid for and fix the load,dispatch, and holding to union and company rules, no one works for free.
Amen

Overpaid Union Thug

Our steward usually doesn't show up for work until a few minutes before start time but on the rare occasion he does come in a little earlier he always raises hell about drivers working off the clock. Management will say driver's aren't aloud on the dock until start time but it usually only lasts a few weeks, if that, and then the same idiots will be back in their trucks moving packages around 30 minutes before start time again. So sad.