Well you know
You better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of the late Jim Casey
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright alright

S

speeddemon

Personally, I think it sounds stupid and childish. Several of our drivers go put their coolers, ect.... in their truck when they get to work. Whats wrong with that? You can have the preload accountable without sounding like a total ass. Give me a break.

upser_J

hey when you guys bid on a driving job, did you not know that you were gonna be working long days? just curious like, sometimes it seems as if people are surprised and appalled that all of a sudden they have to work OT....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hey when you guys bid on a driving job, did you not know that you were gonna be working long days? just curious like, sometimes it seems as if people are surprised and appalled that all of a sudden they have to work OT....

....OT is not the issue. The issue is drivers in their pkg cars before start time.

upser_J

That plan could work here, I would of course need gonads to enforce it. They moved me back to 915, squeezing a little more blood out of the turnip. So when I am left with 15 air, when I can only do 10 to 12 depending, all are gone when I start. There is no help for me. People leave air on my seat, that they think I can get to better than them.
Its all good sealbasher. I agree. Its not about the preload, its about people working for free to fix a problem which should be fixed on the clock. And as long as everyone busts their butts, cheats, deviates from rules, it will all be overlooked and never fixed. But it will bite you in the arse when you least expect.
They have every technological device available to help them fire us, how about we hold them to do what they get paid for and fix the load,dispatch, and holding to union and company rules, no one works for free.
Amen

that was beautiful! almost brought a tear to my eye

Ms Spoken

There is two drivers that show up at 7am everyday with a 8:45 start time at my center. Nobody will stop them and every once in awhile a sup or center manager will tell them to leave if I bring it to their attention. Both of these drivers are done everyday at 3:30-4:00 and they will not help another driver close to them.
OMS sends mesg. "can you help _______" and I send back "I will only if you get blank driver to come and help." All you hear is crickets "anyone anyone"

over9five

Staff member
There is two drivers that show up at 7am everyday with a 8:45 start time at my center. Nobody will stop them ...

Get a senior man to grieve the hour and 45 minutes every day. When your center manager has to start paying for these two to work off the clock everyday, IT WILL STOP!!!!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Part timers that bid into package car do so because they see the pay rate per hour. They have no idea what they are getting into. If they had any idea of the bulls--t that "goes with the territory" they would look for another line of work. Working OT is just the tip of an iceberg that has two miles of depth below the waters surface.

Ms Spoken

Get a senior man to grieve the hour and 45 minutes every day. When your center manager has to start paying for these two to work off the clock everyday, IT WILL STOP!!!!

I don't need a senior driver to grieve every time I said something about it UPS would just put me on the clock to keep quiet.

some1else

Banned
//Seriously? 15 to 45 mins later? Here, we all start at the same time. I'm glad I don't work there.
//
big building with stagered starts over 1.25hrs between earliest and latest route start times, so the covers start at the latest route SW...