My preloader.

alexboy1

So i guess he has been starting his shift 15 minutes early,What do they make about 9 bucks an hour?
now his supt told him not to do it any more they send those guys out the door after 4 hours to save peanuts
while where out there 10 sometimes 11 and they dont care what am i missing?

klolx

I sometimes do that but not 15 minutes maybe 5-10 minutes early because 1 of my drivers is so lazy that every single day I go to work, he has like 30 :censored2: send agains. I agree, they should just give us overtime instead of making you guys stay out till 10pm.

yeldarb

I sometimes do that but not 15 minutes maybe 5-10 minutes early because 1 of my drivers is so lazy that every single day I go to work, he has like 30 :censored2: send agains. I agree, they should just give us overtime instead of making you guys stay out till 10pm.

Still no reason to start early.....The send agains might be a non dr neighborhood, an apartment complex that the office wont sign for packages, or COD's.
However, it is still possible he is that lazy, but it isnt your fault.. Dont start early. It will do nothing for you.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Starting early without management aproval can be considered stealing time and a terminable offense. Do not work 1 second before your posted start time.

ikoi62

Starting early without management aproval can be considered stealing time and a terminable offense. Do not work 1 second before your posted start time.
I doubt that they would consider it stealing time, in fact they love it. my preload manager said why should he stop them,its getting work done for free,but if they get hurt..watch out.

Random_Facts

They do that in our hub, accept instead of starting early. It's you work 4 hours, then "everybody off the line at 8:30am" (the part time workers at least). As my supervisor said today..ohh the driver can load that. My senior driver's reaction was just priceless.

barnyard

KTM rider
Really? It's the internet you don't understand what they mean? Come on!

I got halfway through it and quit. Tried again, got to the end and the answer was clear.

I am nearing the end of usefulness for my current pair of glasses. The bifocals are not quite right and neither are the main part. Poor sentence and paragraph formation exacerbates it.

As a typical UPS driver, I cannot be the only one that relies on bifocals to read screens, as such I doubt that I am the only user that has a tougher time reading the OP.

klolx

Still no reason to start early.....The send agains might be a non dr neighborhood, an apartment complex that the office wont sign for packages, or COD's.
However, it is still possible he is that lazy, but it isnt your fault.. Dont start early. It will do nothing for you.

I really don't want to start early but I have to or else I'd get *****ed with all the send agains in the truck. Right when they start the belt, there's already an avalanche of packages :(

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Hey, dont start early, work on the clock always. If they get screwed with start times, they get screwed, not you. Get paid for what they give you. If you have to, go over 8:30-9:00 everyday. If you prove to need the extra time, a good full time soup will give you more time.

You can always side with them, that the resends slow you down. If they dont care, then take care of them while that flow hits the fan. Care nothing of what goes by, remeber you set the example of what they have given you.

Besides, they dont deserve any favors from you.

Never work off the clock, it can come back to bite you later, either with management or with the union.

tre305

I always start about 30 minutes before our preload start time...ON the clock too. Been doing it for a while now, not to mention I average right at or a little over 5 hrs a day. I don't really think they care b/c I come in early to clean up the mess the reload may have left the night before and I stay late to make sure everything in the center is right (no left over damages, repacks, over goods, etc). I basically do everything not even the insider guy with 25 years wants to do. Not once has the center manager or anyone in management came to me asking about it. But let something come up wrong or kissing b/c I was forced to leave early and it comes down on me. Basically I'm doing full time work on a part time schedule, not bad for someone whose only been here 4 years.

alexboy1

He punched in 15 minutes early that is why they told him to stop.We drivers on the other hand can work over 10 hours
a day at 47 bucks an hour and they don't care.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I got halfway through it and quit. Tried again, got to the end and the answer was clear.

I am nearing the end of usefulness for my current pair of glasses. The bifocals are not quite right and neither are the main part. Poor sentence and paragraph formation exacerbates it.

As a typical UPS driver, I cannot be the only one that relies on bifocals to read screens, as such I doubt that I am the only user that has a tougher time reading the OP.
:youreright:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I really don't want to start early but I have to or else I'd get *****ed with all the send agains in the truck. Right when they start the belt, there's already an avalanche of packages :(
Do you have any idea what you are opening yourself up to?? Let's say you are injured while working off the clock. You slipped and fell and broke your ankle. UPS does not have to provide Workman's Comp for that. You weren't working on the clock, you were on your own time. Stupid move if you ask me.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I always start about 30 minutes before our preload start time...ON the clock too. Been doing it for a while now, not to mention I average right at or a little over 5 hrs a day. I don't really think they care b/c I come in early to clean up the mess the reload may have left the night before and I stay late to make sure everything in the center is right (no left over damages, repacks, over goods, etc). I basically do everything not even the insider guy with 25 years wants to do. Not once has the center manager or anyone in management came to me asking about it. But let something come up wrong or kissing b/c I was forced to leave early and it comes down on me. Basically I'm doing full time work on a part time schedule, not bad for someone whose only been here 4 years.

This is kind've hard to believe, no offense. Part-time worker goes over 5 hours and will get overtime. I dont see them giving anyone OT everyday of the week year round. OT is mostly given during peak. Full time suggest you're going 8 hours a night. I've gone 8 hours in the warehouse before, during peak of course. This without a lunch either, which aggainst state law, nonetheless. I know of people getting close to 5 each day, but if they get OT full time management goes bananas on the full time soup there. Thats why I say its kind've hard to believe.

curiousbrain

This is kind've hard to believe, no offense. Part-time worker goes over 5 hours and will get overtime. I dont see them giving anyone OT everyday of the week year round. OT is mostly given during peak. Full time suggest you're going 8 hours a night. I've gone 8 hours in the warehouse before, during peak of course. This without a lunch either, which aggainst state law, nonetheless. I know of people getting close to 5 each day, but if they get OT full time management goes bananas on the full time soup there. Thats why I say its kind've hard to believe.

I agree; not saying it's not possible because ... well, anything is possible. However, the claim seems dubious; "overtime" is an evil, evil word that very few managers want to hear.

tre305

i can see where you're coming from. at the most ill do 5 and a half on a good day. our usual start time is 5:30-5:35. if im done by say 10:30 with all my work then thats a little over 4 and a half, after 11 would be 5 or more. i do this almost everyday so ill end up with maybe 23-25 hrs at the end of the week (30 hours last week since i worked the reload one night). and truthfully not even my center manager who sees me still on the clock working way 10am ever says anything. my direct sup is usually out on the road taking packages left behind to drives or making commits on airs.

i know OT is bad on them but i honestly think they care more about making numbers than how much time it takes to make that number. but like i said earlier i think the fact that i do almost every kind of job in the center, except designated responder, they see that as covering their own ass in case PE or a DM or even if we have a surprise aduit happens.

maybe its like their looking the other way when it comes to me? i dont know. "let him go over everyday, that way we dont have to worry about looking bad on the reports, except time allowance".

curiousbrain

i can see where you're coming from. at the most ill do 5 and a half on a good day. our usual start time is 5:30-5:35. if im done by say 10:30 with all my work then thats a little over 4 and a half, after 11 would be 5 or more. i do this almost everyday so ill end up with maybe 23-25 hrs at the end of the week (30 hours last week since i worked the reload one night). and truthfully not even my center manager who sees me still on the clock working way 10am ever says anything. my direct sup is usually out on the road taking packages left behind to drives or making commits on airs.

i know OT is bad on them but i honestly think they care more about making numbers than how much time it takes to make that number. but like i said earlier i think the fact that i do almost every kind of job in the center, except designated responder, they see that as covering their own ass in case PE or a DM or even if we have a surprise aduit happens.

maybe its like their looking the other way when it comes to me? i dont know. "let him go over everyday, that way we dont have to worry about looking bad on the reports, except time allowance".

You being on the clock, as a preloader, severely axes preload PPH, adds to excess hours (which rolls over to the next day on certain reports), shows up on simple Morning Reports as Overtime, and it reduces time allowances for the week, not just the day; unless there is number fudging going on, I don't get it. But, there are lots of things I don't get.