My RDR dock stop now on my top shelf

Limper

Out For Delivery
For 15 years my truck parts customer has been loaded on the floor by the door. Not any more! Apparently the geniuses in management say that if a stop doesn't meet their threshold, on the shelf it goes. So now I have 6 irregs jammed in to my 1000 shelf that I somehow have to get to the back door. So......the smarter they are the slower I get!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For 15 years my truck parts customer has been loaded on the floor by the door. Not any more! Apparently the geniuses in management say that if a stop doesn't meet their threshold, on the shelf it goes. So now I have 6 irregs jammed in to my 1000 shelf that I somehow have to get to the back door. So......the smarter they are the slower I get!!

Irregs and oversize should still be on the floor regardless of their shelf or bulk position.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hand truck them into the front door of the business instead of using the dock, and when the customer complains give them the phone number of your center manager and PDS who will be more than happy to take prompt action to resolve their concerns.

HULKAMANIA

Call in and say one of the irregs conked you on the head from improper loading methods. It makes me furious trying to dig out a 7ft irreg on a shelf behind 50 other packages when you are on your air run!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This is what happens when people who have never done stop one decide they know how to run a route better then you do.

But dont worry you will be glad to know that on a computer this all works out perfect.

soberups

Get your "Safety Committee" involved. They will take prompt and decisive action to resolve the issue. The irregs will still be loaded in an unsafe manner outside of your Power Zone, but you will get a cookie and a bottle of water and a new acronym to recite to yourself while you are fighting to get them out of the car.

SameRightsForAll

Question whether somebody in management purposely changed the heavy volume either to the front of the truck or a top shelf. I've seen harassment carried out in this manner. It's a silent form of harassment only if dummies or new hires are involved. A newbie probably won't notice things like this right away.

Also consider that the lower shelf is at the level the package is already being held when the loader walks into the package car. It is easier to place the package on the shelf than to bend at the knees or back and risk throwing somebody's back out. Some of the small but heaviest packages are sometimes ideal to go on the lower shelf instead of the floor.

This is a prime example of why we love logistics. I love logistics

Limper

Out For Delivery
Since I get a new loader every other week, the lastest one doesn't seem to know the difference between a tailpipe and a box.

soberups

This sounds to me like more of a problem with your loader.

There are no bad preloaders, only bad preload and PDS managers.

The company in its infinite wisdom has decided to de-skill the entire preload operation so that it can more "efficiently" be micro-managed by a genius from a distant cubicle.

When you combine overcrowded facilities, asiinine PPH expectations, inadequate staffing, poor planning, and chaotic last-minute elimination of entire routes in order to generate an arbitrary and ridiculous SPC metric...you wind up with the complete and total custerfluck that is the average UPS preload operation. Blaming some $10 an hour flunkie who has been set up to fail for the condition of the load is a cop out.

TheKid

What I always say is the scary part about something like this is that it makes sense to someone.