My route is soooo rural...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
... that on some roads, I need my headlights ON!

tree%20tunnel.jpg

I have a couple of narrow 2 lane roads, with drainage ditches on each side (no shoulder like the pic above)

Fall is coming & while the scenery is awesomesauce, wet leaves are as worse as ice roads...

OrioN

... I have become a dog whisperer

Mr: hey Scooby, trade u a dog treat for a signature!

Scooby: Roh-kay!

cat-paw-clipart-KijeoGeiq.gif

Me: Golly, thanks!

Enters on the board: S Dane

SmithBarney

... that on some roads, I need my headlights ON!

tree%20tunnel.jpg

I have a couple of narrow 2 lane roads, with drainage ditches on each side (no shoulder like the pic above)

Fall is coming & while the scenery is awesomesauce, wet leaves are as worse as ice roads...

That road is paved and it has center lines with embedded reflectors, that's a Highway if I've ever seen one..

I wish I had a camera the days I delivered to oil fields straddling 2 foot deep ruts(that the big trucks use) or the 18 mile long dirt road I had to trek down weekly to delivery booze to a "Author" in the woods...

OrioN

Noooo, this isn't how this thread is supposed to go...

Other members of rural route chime in on how your rural route is like.

... I bring my own supplies on the road. Tow strap, for example, has saved my bacon from calling AAA to pull me out of someone's dirt driveway a couple of times. Out thurr, they all have 4wd or AWD vehicles.

DSC_0007.JPG

Tow strap on the far right wall, black tote with my drinks, extra uniform,snacks. 1st stop is to get rid of these monster tires so they won't roll all over and damage the boxes

rod

Retired 22 years
Noooo, this isn't how this thread is supposed to go...

Other members of rural route chime in on how your rural route is like.

... I bring my own supplies on the road. Tow strap, for example, has saved my bacon from calling AAA to pull me out of someone's dirt driveway a couple of times. Out thurr, they all have 4wd or AWD vehicles.

View attachment 155214

Tow strap on the far right wall, black tote with my drinks, extra uniform,snacks. 1st stop is to get rid of these monster tires so they won't roll all over and damage the boxes

what's with all the bungee cords holding back packages? Is that something new UPS does? and what about the grocery sacks, or what ever it is, hanging on the side?

Last edited:

OrioN

Oops, I am on the eggplant side... not hourly brownie driver. Me preload my own cargo by the stop sequence. I don't follow my OrioN trace 100 % either.

I call those ghetto-strap anchors made up of free weather bags. Like, um, e-straps... your big flat screen tv will not be bouncing around with the wayfair furniture and crushed against the chewy boxes.

OrioN

sketch-1504837336237.png

Those tires were Saturday deliveries. Here's how my Friday went. Stage 1 was not in sequence. I had to load up my 1000's first since I had it closest to my business stops.

sketch-1504837491376.png

40 stops in...

sketch-1504837682582.png

Halfway point, yo!

sketch-1504837757257.png

Last 40 boxes, then I go straight home, no pickups! Home Delivery isn't so bad, just the pay to do this rural route isn't as good as a brownie driver

Over 70

Over half my deliveries on the one rural route I do are to Amish. They all have the same two last names....and it looks like it too. Nice people though

OrioN

Over half my deliveries on the one rural route I do are to Amish. They all have the same two last names....and it looks like it too. Nice people though

Yeah, the local rednecks are super friendly... one of the reasons why I am staying on the same route for another peak season.

A few are growing some Mary Jane in the backyard, but I just keep on truckin'