My second week all hells breaking loose

Scuderia1

This my my second week with the supervisor, 80 percent of the time I am driving. Day before yesterday the main supervisor came along, this guy was going crazy, screaming at every little thing. Very disrespectful. I told you have to lighten up it's only my second week.

First I had problems with the area now that is solved, the problems with the Diad are solved. The major problem is organization of packages making a trace and following it. I was told you get 3 days to learn with sup and then you show the sup and he clears you to go. If you can't learn in one week your cut. We have no need for you.

There are other drivers in my class who have started driving by themselves. I was wondering is there a chance I will get fired and how should I proceed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This my my second week with the supervisor, 80 percent of the time I am driving. Day before yesterday the main supervisor came along, this guy was going crazy, screaming at every little thing. Very disrespectful. I told you have to lighten up it's only my second week.

First I had problems with the area now that is solved, the problems with the Diad are solved. The major problem is organization of packages making a trace and following it. I was told you get 3 days to learn with sup and then you show the sup and he clears you to go. If you can't learn in one week your cut. We have no need for you.

There are other drivers in my class who have started driving by themselves. I was wondering is there a chance I will get fired and how should I proceed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wfwtf.gif

You shouldn't have a sup with you for more than 3 days........PERIOD !!!

Pooter

So do you feel u need a Sup riding around with you? Or are you confident you can finish by yourself?

1.5 weeks with sup is not a good sign.

Scuderia1

I feel I could do a good job by myself. I am confident. Those guys are in different centres who are driving by them selves.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you are on the same route everyday you shouldn't need anyone riding with you that long. You will learn better on your own when you can stop, take a breath, get your bearings, get the feel etc. My biggest problem when I first started (paper delivery records, etc) was not taking a minute to organize my stops. I had way too many run backs. Having the boss looking over your shoulder worrying about numbers is no way to start.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The major problem is organization of packages making a trace and following it.

Don't feel bad guy, we all have that problem. ORION makes it all worst. Hang in there.

images

wayfair

swollen member
My first route that I learned was rural..

first day with sup(he was driving) we got stuck in mud on some back country road looking for a NSN address...

PT Car Washer

I feel I could do a good job by myself. I am confident. Those guys are in different centres who are driving by them selves.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That was the way I read your post. New driver in my center drove with a sup all last week. First day by his self was last Friday and this Monday and did well. Tuesday morning he drove into the overhead door leaving the building before it had fully opened. Back to the preload.

ajax25

I had a sup with me for 3 days training and then after a few days by myself he rode with me again and supervised/ coached a little. Now in my 2nd week by myself and it's been pretty crazy, already worked 34 hrs this week. I keep getting new additions to my route and it started with 120 stops but has been over 165 since last Friday. I worked peak this year and it feels a little bit like that. Should it be this crazy? Are they just trying to test me and see if I will burn out? I asked the driver who normally does the route and he said his biggest days are around 140 stops and that's only about every 2 weeks it's typically in the 120's.

Sent using BrownCafe App