My UPS turkey...aka, a lesson in procrastination

iruhnman630

So Thursday, which was yet another layoff day for me, I found my missing turkey certificate.

'I'll buy it tomorrow, after work' I thought, thinking that today (Friday) was April 30th. So imagine my shock when I signed my DVR today and noticed that the driver had dated it yesterday as April 30th.

Yup, that's right, due to nearly five months plus one extra day of procrastination, my family tradition of over 15 years of eating the previous years' UPS turkey on Thanksgiving will come to an end, as there will be no UPS turkey.

So on the count of three, feel free to join me by pointing and laughing as I let out one huge Homer Simpson inspired D'oh!

Ready?

D'oh!
:biting::stupid::taz::oops::blushing:

over9five

Staff member
Yup, that's right, due to nearly five months plus one extra day of procrastination, my family tradition of over 15 years of eating the previous years' UPS turkey on Thanksgiving will come to an end, as there will be no UPS turkey.

Don't worry about it, they killed the program anyhow. It's over for all of us!

MikeTbob

Don't worry about it, they killed the program anyhow. It's over for all of us!

They killed the coupon program or the Turkey program?
In my opinion, the only reason they did this was to save money, they knew 90% of us wouldn't even bother cashing it in for an oversized chicken. If I was corporate, I'd be thinking the coupon program was a smashing success. Next order of business: Convert paychecks to the coupon program. :happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
I think I just heard a half a milloin turkeys breath a sigh of relief:peaceful:

LOL! If you think about it, this will cause someone a huge problem next year, or already did with the certificate program?
I suppose the same amount of turkeys will be sold regardless, but not all in one stroke from one vendor.

finaddict

Damn...Mine expired also. I was going to give it away. Really kicking myself in the ass since someone could have really used it.

P

pickup

So Thursday, which was yet another layoff day for me, I found my missing turkey certificate.

'I'll buy it tomorrow, after work' I thought, thinking that today (Friday) was April 30th. So imagine my shock when I signed my DVR today and noticed that the driver had dated it yesterday as April 30th.

So on the count of three, feel free to join me by pointing and laughing as I let out one huge Homer Simpson inspired D'oh!

Ready?

D'oh!
:biting::stupid::taz::oops::blushing:
[/Q

[video=youtube;rX7wtNOkuHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo[/video]

Sammie

Used ours a few days before it expired. After a week of hot turkey sandwiches, turkey alfredo and turkey enchiladas, it sure was nice to move on to something else...