My wife my Headache

ALupser

Ok so my wife gets packages every 2 weeks from Avon. Yes as drivers we all hate delivering that crap. But she enjoys selling it.

Last night she was waiting all day for her Avon box. Our neighbor called to let us know that the UPS guy delivered it there. The next thing I know the wife is calling my phone asking for a supervisors number. I told her call the damn 800 number. She does and complains. Within the hour someone from my center calls her. The person from the center calls the driver and says you delivered a package to a wrong address and do you know who's package that was. He said he knew it was my wives package and acted like it was no big deal.

Now I am trying to explain to the wife not to do this crap. In the long run it might bite me in the *****. She told me that she did understand but for a driver to do this when he knows it a box for a drivers wife is just so wrong. She was mad because the crap in the box was worth well over $200.

Has anyone else had this problem with there wife. What do you think I should do to get her to back the heck off. I offered to pull her packages but since I deliver on the other side of town she doesn't want to call and try to find me if I pull her packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You tell her to call the toll free and now are upset that she did?!

The right thing to do would have been for you to send an ODS to the center and let them know that the driver had misdelivered your wife's Avon to the neighbor and to please ask him to go back, pick it up and redeliver, apologizing to your wife for the inconvenience. That would have been the right thing to do.

Calling the toll free on a co-worker--certainly not the right thing to do.

I think you created your own headache.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Stuff happens. Explain to her that you have probably made similar mistakes and that the driver is aware of the error and that it is unlikely to reoccur. She could will call everything, but really it seems better to just go on from here and see how it goes. Also mention that the concern goes in the drivers file. Even though it may seem insignificant to the driver today, it won't be if it continues.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Try giving her your "package" in exchange.
It may help you to get to the "root" of the problem.
Consider it a "joint" effort.

Big Babooba

You tell her to call the toll free and now are upset that she did?!

The right thing to do would have been for you to send an ODS to the center and let them know that the driver had misdelivered your wife's Avon to the neighbor and to please ask him to go back, pick it up and redeliver, apologizing to your wife for the inconvenience. That would have been the right thing to do.

Calling the toll free on a co-worker--certainly not the right thing to do.

I think you created your own headache.
I agree. You could have taken care of this "in house" rather than going through the "proper" channels. Because a complaint was made, the driver now has it in his file.

Bad Gas!

I agree with all the posts..We all make mistakes..She should cut the driver some slack unless it's not the first time..And don't get a complaint called on a brother driver....Lastly, get her some flowers and give her the right delivery...

over9five

Staff member
I hate people like your wife. She GOT the package, didn't she? Nothing better to do than call in a complaint I guess....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate people like your wife. She GOT the package, didn't she? Nothing better to do than call in a complaint I guess....

...she wanted to call the center. He told her to call the toll free. Had she called the center it would have been taken care of in house. When she listened to him she got his co-worker in trouble. This is his headache.

over9five

Staff member
...she wanted to call the center. He told her to call the toll free. Had she called the center it would have been taken care of in house. When she listened to him she got his co-worker in trouble. This is his headache.

You're right. Can we agree they both have issues?!?!?!?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And now he is on BC looking for answers, the latest in this ongoing chain of mistakes...

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Was first wondering what a "Headace" was. Delivering to a neighbor is done all the time, its called an indirect delivery. Its not like he delivered it to a stranger.

FORDMAN

i see what the problem is. u say she only gets a package every 2 weeks. u should give her one everyday. that should shut her up, and calm her down.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why didn't you just tell her to relax. It was delivered to the neighbor, so go over there get the pkg and problem solved. I don't see what the big deal is here. Tell your wife to get a grip, there are bigger problems in the world, and this is what she's mad about?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why didn't you just tell her to relax. It was delivered to the neighbor, so go over there get the pkg and problem solved. I don't see what the big deal is here. Tell your wife to get a grip, there are bigger problems in the world, and this is what she's mad about?
Go ahead Steve, tell him he wouldn't have these problems if he would just get rid of his cell phone :wink2: