Myth busters...Majority of wallstreet fatcats are Republicans

SWORDFISH

You could look at it that way or you could see that our Govt has always been corrupt and the missconception is that wallstreet fat cats are Republicans. There is nothing wrong with some regulation as long as it does not help one person over another. If you dont have some rules in place then someone will always take advantage.

The problem w/ putting rules in place is usually in your words fat cats are above them and people like you and me have to abide by them.

diesel96

Interesting, a democrat that says "look at where we are, and where we are going." bbsam, try looking forward, I know you love to point fingers at everybody else. It's time to grow up now, no more excuses. We've got Greece and the US could be Greece 2.

1989...Exactly who are you pointing fingers at when you mention Greece?

furore is over the role Goldman played in helping Greece conceal its debts

Creating and selling securities and then betting against them. Bad enough they do it home, but extending this practise worldwide, especially to Greece, creating and selling of foreign debt instruments. Does anybody find it troubling ?

I know, you and Brett would rather put down Gov't Motors (GM) "misleading" pay back Ads than to dwell on the monumental theivery performed by our bailed out financial institutions ...BTW as big a part Goldman Sachs had in all this, JP Morgan and Merrill Lynch had dirtied their tentacles as well...

1989...Exactly who are you pointing fingers at when you mention Greece?

furore is over the role Goldman played in helping Greece conceal its debts

Creating and selling securities and then betting against them. Bad enough they do it home, but extending this practise worldwide, especially to Greece, creating and selling of foreign debt instruments. Does anybody find it troubling ?

I know, you and Brett would rather put down Gov't Motors (GM) "misleading" pay back Ads than to dwell on the monumental theivery performed by our bailed out financial institutions ...BTW as big a part Goldman Sachs had in all this, JP Morgan and Merrill Lynch had dirtied their tentacles as well...

Shorting is a way to hedge against your long positions. If you are no longer able to hedge your positions then you are at greater risk. I haven't read anywhere that Goldman itself shorted the securities in it's fraud case.